1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fritzl, Feb 26, 2008.

1. techaview

techaview Senior member

I am expecting this pair to be arriving soon. Maftei told me first week of July so it kinda of overdue by a week or so.

Any idea will there be any tracking send by them? He didn't explicitly tell me how they going to ship...

2. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

At least in my cases (living in Europe) they have sent the shoes using the Austrian Post, and they are very slow. Been at least a week to get them from Vienna up to Sweden every time. Just so you know.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  3. techaview

techaview Senior member

Thanks Jesper for your insight. Any idea if they've given you any tracking number of it just pop up at your doorstep one day?

4. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

I've been given tracking-id in some cases at least, but I did most of my correspondence with Roxana and I believe she might think more about that sort of thing than the rest of the family :)

5. techaview

techaview Senior member

I see... Yap I been corresponding with roxana for the appointment with Matfei. Have already send her for an update. Guess I'll just have to wait patiently : )

6. techaview

techaview Senior member

Anyone can help me with the contact number with maftei? Want to call for update.

Email to Roxana goes unanswered and I can't seem to reach Alexandru on the Vienna main line on their website.

PM me if too personal... Cheers!

7. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

Bespoke shoemaker in Vienna. Price starts at 5k EUR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

9. Mike147

Mike147 Senior member

Any AH updates? New Maftei or other brands recently delivered or ordered?

I'm thinking about ordering a new pair from Maftei and thinking about styles & leather. My brown plain toe bluchers are my most comfortable pair of shoes and i'm thinking about going with the same style shoe with some modifications - Rubber sole, Goyser Welt, different color leather with a medallion on the cap. Also hope to send back my brown pair for a resole along with the new order so I have a little time to figure out what I want.

Given that I doing this remotely, does anyone have any suggestions on how to select a leather without being able to actually see Maftei's swatch book? Has anyone had them send samples to the US / CAD / AUS?

10. techaview

techaview Senior member

Received mine couple of months back but haven't get down to wearing them out. Tried the fit at home though. As expected , the left side is slightly larger than right side as during my fitting last May there is an insole pad at the left fitting shoe which causes this issue. Slipping in a thin insole solve this issue.

As this is my first pair of bespoke, I'm not sure if it is considered a good fit. One thing for sure, it doesn't feel too tight nor too loose. Unlike both my made to measure pairs where there is not fitting, the fit is slightly on the snug side and require more breaking in to be more comfortable, I reckon. Will post review after I wear them in the wild couple of times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  11. Mike147

Mike147 Senior member

Techaview- They look great. You should get to wearing them and break them in. Certainly going to be stiffer at first that what you are accustomed to.

Adjustments can also be made to the fit of course but you're not going to know what you need until you wear them for a while.

12. techaview

techaview Senior member

Thanks mate. Will review them when I started wearing...