• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is something.... I want

i'm pretty sure vass can help you out of this misery :slayer:

they belong to my oldest friend from school. he loves them. iirc, he topyed them :D

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just saw you already have them

i love the colour.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
before:

GMW_Anregungkorr14.jpg

Talent3.jpg

DeralteKiss002.jpg

Talent5.jpg

after:

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

still not finally finished. decisions, decisions.

workshop6.jpg

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
award winning goyserer welt by my cobbler

Talent8.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

award winning goyserer welt by my cobbler

That is awesome. So you had them re-soled and the cobbler added in the Goyser welt at your request?

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is something.... I want

i'm pretty sure vass can help you out of this misery :slayer:
they belong to my oldest friend from school. he loves them. iirc, he topyed them :D

just saw you already have them

i love the colour.

Well thanks, I guess you're right, the problem I think is some of my stuff is too new or if they're not I have a fairly big rotation and don't wear as often. On top, my pics are not that nice. I need to wear them damn shoos 10 days in a row, then go outside and find some nice trees, grass or deck of woods and shoot the pics :D . or do something interesting like the gentleman who posted a pic of his shoe in the middle of the cobbled street in the shoe Appreciation thread. That tile in my living roon is too cold.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That is awesome. So you had them re-soled and the cobbler added in the Goyser welt at your request?

not exactly. this is not my shoe. the task was to restore an old pair of shoes.

my cobbler did it. his teacher forgot to mention that this pair should compete at the championsship in wiesbaden and he gave it back to the owner. after the shoe had been worn it was disqualified for the competition. nevertheless they showed them to the jury and they approved for gold medal if it would have been in the competition.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not exactly. this is not my shoe. the task was to restore an old pair of shoes.
my cobbler did it. his teacher forgot to mention that this pair should compete at the championsship in wiesbaden and he gave it back to the owner. after the shoe had been worn it was disqualified for the competition. nevertheless they showed them to the jury and they approved for gold medal if it would have been in the competition.

Championship for shoemaking?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's what I mean

rome wasn't build in one day. your pictures are great imo.

the garden shots have been done by a lady friend. she has a crush on me. i don't fear the danger. so guys, i hope you know what i'm doing for the cause.

actually this happens, when i take the pictures :fu:

224.jpg

221.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads