• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Austria

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I plan on going to Europe in the next few years and am particularly interested in Austria.

What are some great sights/events/etc. that may not be in your average guide book? Are Vienna and Salzburg equally appealing for a history buff?

Thanks.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I plan on going to Europe in the next few years and am particularly interested in Austria.

What are some great sights/events/etc. that may not be in your average guide book? Are Vienna and Salzburg equally appealing for a history buff?

Thanks.

Yes, but a great jewel of that country is Graz. It can be really beautiful, it's also the main university city in Austria. Have a Sachre Torte at the famous hotel. I believe that's the one Oprah has shipped to her weekly to add to her generous posterior. Salzburg is beautiful. Vienna is nice and compact which allows you to see a lot. I'd definitely go to Innsbrook to see Hofburg.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
The next few years? Why bother asking now?

Ya true, who puts travelling on layaway? That's ghetto Conne. Definitely not east coast elitist.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Give me a break, I'm bored. Stuck in our lakehouse in the Adirondacks.
plain.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plain.gif

Gross. Only poor people go live in forrests for vacations.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
plain.gif

take a walk, chop some wood, hunt a bear, talk to your dad. get off the internet.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course, we still have the estate in East Hampton and the Martha's Vineyard compound.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
take a walk, chop some wood, hunt a bear, talk to your dad. get off the internet.

Went for a hike earlier today. Over 3 feet of snow so I took the snowshoes and walked along a stream. It was nice.

SWiFt08

Reaction score
in a few years? hahaha

But if you decide to visit austria in a "few years" you will love it, go to Innsbruck. It's like an hour away from vienna, peaceful place with great outdoors scenery. Also the salt mines in Hallstatt, if that interest you.

Good luck!!

Musiclover

Reaction score
Mozart's house is an interesting place to visit in Vienna.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Musiclover
Mozart's house is an interesting place to visit in Vienna.

Except that it's in Salzburg.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks.

Just curious, is there a particular reason you are more interested in Austria? Its beautiful, and certainly a perfectly acceptable destination, but if given a better idea of what attracts you to Austria in the first place, you may get more targeted recommendations in terms of places/things to see.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Just curious, is there a particular reason you are more interested in Austria? Its beautiful, and certainly a perfectly acceptable destination, but if given a better idea of what attracts you to Austria in the first place, you may get more targeted recommendations in terms of places/things to see.

It's where Bruno is from.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads