• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't like the bagpipes has rocks in their head.

It's a garish cacophony of slightly out-of-tune sounds which is totally wonderful. Like getting woken up by a gaggle of honking geese at 6am. At first you think "wtf" and then you just have to laugh. Brilliant noise.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popped in to the Tom Ford booth at DJ's today to check out the stinks.

Amber Absolute has indeed been discontinued. Tobacco Vanille, which I basically ordered on Pete's say-so, is completely baller and I am very much looking forward to taking possession of my little bottle of joy next week.

They had testers of at least twenty different scents there. Sniffed a few others and was not that impressed. Pete clearly has discerning olfaction.

SpallaCamicia

Reaction score

Thanks! I will definitely try them out. Would you happen to know their approximate costs? I'll probably venture down to Oscar Hunt sometime next week..

Just another option I have been trying to organise a bulk purchase of saphir Polish. Haven't got around to finalising the order so still open to any takers. I'm not sure this is the particular saphir product your referring to but the details is here on this post as to the cost and product type

http://www.styleforum.net/t/236127/australian-bulk-buy-of-saphir-polish/30

Any interest from any members do let me know. I think the last count of product is around 20 units atm.

smeggett

Reaction score
oh dear.

If you come to Melbourne Pinky will be shouting you a slap up meal of Irn Bru, Bucks and a deep fried Mars bar, haggis and neeps.

If he did that before I left, i must just have stayed!

SpallaCamicia

Reaction score

Will soon be flying weekly to Brisbane from Sydney for work.

Frequent flyers - do you have any tips for travel luggage?

My only tip for purchasing luggage especially the hand carry strollers, laptop bags, suit bags is to spend as much as you want and claim it as a tax deduction. Not giving tax advice that you can rely on but it can be argued as a work expense so no harm in pushing up the purchase price!

I hate paying tax.

lukejackson

Reaction score
@LonerMatt

What you up to in Iran? I've heard good things about Tehran. I'm still in Amman, Jordan.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically going to spend some time in Tehran, then head south to Qom, Isfahan, Shiraz, maybe Mashad.

Basically eat, talk, see old buildings and mosques, try not to get arrested, fall in love a few times, you know, the regular deal.

crappbag

Reaction score

Make sure you get in touch when you're in Brisbane - we'll have to meet up for lunch or drinks.

Definitely. Will keep you posted.

My only tip for purchasing luggage especially the hand carry strollers, laptop bags, suit bags is to spend as much as you want and claim it as a tax deduction. Not giving tax advice that you can rely on but it can be argued as a work expense so no harm in pushing up the purchase price!

I hate paying tax.

Good tip. That filson wheeled carry is starting to look like a viable option now!

lsxscoob

Reaction score
Leaving the states for my first trip to Australia tomorrow. Will be spending most of my time in Perth. Cannot wait to ditch a Chicago winter for an Australian summer. Also, best restaurant to look for?

thanks!

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oh dear.

If you come to Melbourne Pinky will be shouting you a slap up meal of Irn Bru, Bucks and a deep fried Mars bar, haggis and neeps.

If he did that before I left, i must just have stayed!

Bagpipers welcome anytime. My wife's cousin, an Australian, played at our wedding in Scotland. My best man was tearing up before my wife had even started to walk down the aisle.

Done well it is commanding, evocative and beautiful sound.

Regarding luggage - trying to sort an order of Filson myself. Will need to look into the tax rules. Would be nice to claim it back (feel free to point me in the right direction).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads