• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomee

Reaction score

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen it all now. I went into the Oakleigh Salvos today and saw an orphan Versace jacket for $150!

It wasn't a total loss though. I found a plain blue twill Brioni shirt and a pair of Brioni woollen slacks in my size at another shop, for a total of $11. The shirt still had the Brioni collar stays in it.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy, I'm having some problems posting up a classified right now but as I would much prefer shipping to Aussies if you are interested in PRL cashmere crewneck sweaters in size M and some other goodies let me know and I will send through details & measurements. All in like-new condition.

Last edited:

Selvaggio

Reaction score
Rozelle Salvos had a Zegna suit on Sat - not bad but noticeably not a current cut - $300. Little Selvaggio is doing her Duke of Ed service there - might suggest that she have a word with them abut their pricing policy. They also have a really nice ZinK & Sons bespoke grey suit. Too small for me, but someone there must know their stuff, becasue it was a similar CRAZY price.

If any Sydney-side members are interested I saw a Corneliani blazer in Gladesville Salvos wednesday last week - black, wool/cashmere blend. It was way to big for me and I'm on the big side, so I would say its a 48 or maybe even a 50.

I hadn't looked in any opshops for months but had a bit of a blast last week - found a Canali sports coat in the lightest construction I have ever seen. No lining except shoulder and sleave. No canvasing or lining in the chest at all. Beautiful tan/black small houndstooth. When I got it home I thought - nah. Just too big - and across the shoulders - so hard to adjust.

Brother-in-law is happy with it though!.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rozelle Salvos had a Zegna suit on Sat - not bad but noticeably not a current cut - $300. Little Selvaggio is doing her Duke of Ed service there - might suggest that she have a word with them abut their pricing policy. They also have a really nice ZinK & Sons bespoke grey suit. Too small for me, but someone there must know their stuff, becasue it was a similar CRAZY price.

Might be Wraith's one he commissioned a couple of years back.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
:) so unkind

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mail fording guys I'm looking at is Eto.cn or etoec.com same guys. $19 registration + ($10 + 9% order cost) + shipping.
So 3 uniqlo jackets totalling about $200 would be:

$19 + $10 + $18 + $44 (assuming 2kg via DHL express) = $91.

So $30 shipping each.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
Has anyone spotted a Henry the wombat in the wild?

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason mistook fxh for Henry on his fishing trip last week.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
If any Sydney-side members are interested I saw a Corneliani blazer in Gladesville Salvos wednesday last week - black, wool/cashmere blend. It was way to big for me and I'm on the big side, so I would say its a 48 or maybe even a 50.
I hadn't looked in any opshops for months but had a bit of a blast last week - found a Canali sports coat in the lightest construction I have ever seen. No lining except shoulder and sleave. No canvasing or lining in the chest at all. Beautiful tan/black small houndstooth. When I got it home I thought - nah. Just too big - and across the shoulders - so hard to adjust.
Brother-in-law is happy with it though!.

Haha I've tried on that Zink and Sons one and thought the same. That zegna suit you're talking about came in a batch of 3 delivered by some dude, all in close to perfect nick. They put them up for $300 each. I got my friend to buy one that was a thin navy pinstripe wool/cashmere, even for that price it was pretty damn good.

No wonder I can't find anything in rozelle these days, I now have proof there's SF bastards taking my finds.

tomee

Reaction score

Guy, I'm having some problems posting up a classified right now but as I would much prefer shipping to Aussies if you are interested in PRL cashmere crewneck sweaters in size M and some other goodies let me know and I will send through details & measurements. All in like-new condition.

Pm me for price of the knit tops

Selvaggio

Reaction score
:D Happy hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics