• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BenJKS
Well I've never actually stained a suit with sweat before but I notice it if I've been walking around in the sun wearing a dress shirt on a hot day. I'm picking up a new suit next week so thought I'd be proactive... Brisbane summers are killer !

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try this.

errrr plugging your pores ain't a good idea. Wasn't there a James Bond girl who died becuase they painted her whole body in gold?

Your body needs to breathe. Perspiration is your body's process of cooling off, becuase converts heat energy fro inside the body into salts and water, which evaporates cooling your body.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um yeah except you don't put it all over your body, just the places you don't want to sweat......

When those pores are blocked you don't stop sweating per se, you just stop sweating out of that part of the body, the sweat still gets out through other pores on your body. This is just effective because it can have many positive effects not just from not sweating under your pits for example. People that suffer from very sweaty palms can also use it, or back etc by spraying on those areas.

So you will not end up like the bond girl, which was also out of a movie not real life and I believe it was oil she was covered in not paint if it's the same one I am thinking of.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Um yeah except you don't put it all over your body, just the places you don't want to sweat......
There is a medical (as in non surgical) treatment for some types of excessive sweating.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
There is a medical (as in non surgical) treatment for some types of excessive sweating.
'Medicinal' might be the word you're looking for.

I don't sweat much but I have never heard (or thought to read up) about such treatment. I always assumed sweating was normal, and medicine stopping sweating doesn't sound to healthy!

BenJKS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh

I wouldn't say I sweat excessively, but I defy anyone to step out on a humid Australian summer day in a suit and come back with dry armpits...

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
I don't sweat much but I have never heard (or thought to read up) about such treatment. I always assumed sweating was normal, and medicine stopping sweating doesn't sound to healthy!
Any bodily function can go haywire or be dysfunctional - "doesn't sound healthy" - what about medicine to prevent asthma, medicine to prevent heart malfunction, medicine to alleviate pain, stop cancer, etc etc etc....

jhdas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic
errrr plugging your pores ain't a good idea. Wasn't there a James Bond girl who died becuase they painted her whole body in gold?

Your body needs to breathe. Perspiration is your body's process of cooling off, becuase converts heat energy fro inside the body into salts and water, which evaporates cooling your body.

It wouldn't kill you, but plugging your pores is a horrible idea because all of the toxins your body would naturally be releasing through sweat are now stuck in you building up and slowly poisoning you.

"epidermal suffocation" is complete BS though--otherwise swimming would be fatal.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
Any bodily function can go haywire or be dysfunctional - "doesn't sound healthy" - what about medicine to prevent asthma, medicine to prevent heart malfunction, medicine to alleviate pain, stop cancer, etc etc etc....

I get what you're saying but that is like saying everyone has mild asthma, heart malfunction, pain, cancer etc and only need to be treated when these become excessive.

Sweating is a normal bodily function that happens to everybody and as they say - everybody is different.

srendam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
It really depends what you are looking for in a shirt. Reasons to buy Borrelli include handstitched collar band and shoulder seams, supposedly hand-stitched buttonholes, very thick mother-of-pearl (MoP) buttons, tall collar band, and good cloth. But if you want a particular pattern and you can't find a Borrelli shirt in that pattern, or if the Borrelli shirt styles don't fit you very well, then there's little to no point buying Borrelli. It's far better to buy a cheaply-made, well-fitted shirt than an expensive, handmade shirt that doesn't fit you well. The Epaulet shirt is a different style to Borrelli. Whilst some Borrelli shirts are cut reasonably slim, there are other Italian brands out there that are slimmer, such as Barba and Finamore. The Epaulet shirt sounds as though it is cut quite slim, with darts in the lower back and a shorter tail so that you can wear it untucked if you wish. Borrelli shirts don't have those features - at least not their dress shirts (but you can have darts added by a tailor if you wish). So, in essence, they are two different shirts. Borrelli have more handwork, but might not have the style that you are looking for. I've bought Borrelli shirts and other products from forum sponsors Shop the Finest (Ian) and Virtual Clothes Horse (Lance) and they are both great to deal with.
Thanks for the informative post. About to cop http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-22558...-us-37-eu.aspx and http://www.shopthefinest.com/showpro...ze-32-us-48-eu Decided to go with the slimmer barba shirt over borrelli. The size 32 pant is actually 32.5 at the waist. I'm a size 32 should I be worried?

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh

Botox treatment is used to control excessive sweating.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

srendam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Is there any discount on multiple purchases? And what are the shipping costs?

Thinking about some few threads for spring/summer

$46 USD priority for both items. Or $18 ea using first class mail.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Is there any discount on multiple purchases? And what are the shipping costs?

Thinking about some few threads for spring/summer

If you're looking for trousers, don't forget about SF businesses Howard Yount, run by member chorse123, and the Panta line of trousers by member edmorel.

Both make excellent trousers that, whilst not cheap, are very high quality. Both are also slim-fitting.

Howard Yount:
http://www.howardyount.com/collections/pants

Panta:
http://www.howardyount.com/collections/pants

Also, for cotton trousers, I have found that Charles Tyrwhitt make pretty good trousers that can often be obtained at steep discounts. They fit pretty much true to size - not too big, not too small.

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/ym-gbpdefa...nned=&browse=Y

East of Eden

Reaction score
Where did you guys get this No Sweat stuff?

Living in Brisbane is an absolute humidity nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads