Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fxh

fxh Senior member

I predict the rise of the very large weekend paper or magazine when they/we realise that the online papers will be expensive to access, hard to read quickly, full of screen sized bites and archives will be blocked.

Certainly the daily dead tree paper is finished. Not the least because they are shallow in any analysis and context, limited in subjects deemed worthy of being news, and generally 12 – 24 hours out of date.

I’m happy to get my “news” what ever that is, off radio, tv and their associate web site and my analysis, and my big stories and roundups, say for $5 or more, off a big set of dead tree weekend papers, something like a cross between Friday Fin Review and sat/sun age all rolled into one. Plus a bit of subject focused analysis off a few web sites.

Daily Newspapers as they are are too slow to get news out in the day of radio everywhere, TV 24/7 and net backups to both.

2. fxh

fxh Senior member

Code:

Blahman, do they make those ponchos with Hello Kitty graphics all over them?

Just the ticket fr you man.

You Poncho. Me Cisco.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

3. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

I predict you don't have a prosperous career in media/marketing/advertising/communications or strategy.

Gina should give one on her seats to you if the board accepts her request. Nothing quite like reading Mondays economic news on Saturday, true Greek styles!

4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by California Dreamer

[quote[What a load of horse shit, frankly. How many people really buy bikes clothes on the net, when fit and a test ride are is so important? With the boom in cycling men's fashion, any decent operator ought to be able to offer a service-based alternative to lower prices. Unless his prices were within 10 percent of internet prices he's talking complete crap, and expecting taxpayers (who make a loss on these tax collections) to subsidise his business.

fixed this for ya....
    [/quote]

Thanks. Much appreciated. Can you provide me some evidence of your alleged "boom in men's fashion". Can't say I notice it walking around Melbourne.

5. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Just received mine, love it. I've always liked green but I've never had any in my wardrobe that I liked. This colour is fantastic, like a dark emerald.

6. fxh

fxh Senior member

Huh?

All the people I work with in finance get instant push updates on their phone 24/7.

As I said daily papers are too slow and behind.

7. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Good to hear you guys are getting them. Blah yours was sent too so hopefully it's not too far away or you even have it by now.

8. blahman

blahman Senior member

I'll take it!!!! :slayer:

And the tie just arrived.

edit: will look for gents around the city tomorrow wearing green twill tie that may or may not deliberately accidentally expose some backside.

9. sliq

sliq Senior member

very much looking forward to the new grenadines coming.

10. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Look what arrived [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

11. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

Mine came too love it. 3.5" is great too. :slayer:

I noticed mine has a slight widening at the end of the small blade (think Drakes), is this your normal choice? I like it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

12. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Those embroiderers in Italy must have been thinking 'What the diavolo is this?'

13. Henry Carter

Ha ha yes Nico, my tie maker was quite interested to find out more about these wombats I was sending him images of!

It's normal for all of the 7 folds, you'll notice that the slip stitch for these is a bit higher on both front and back blades (on purpose so you can see the folds) than most lined ties and we don't hard press the sides which allows it to roll a bit at the edges quite elegantly. I'm glad you noticed it and like it.

14. Henry Carter

Ok comp time guys, here are the details -

- Will run between now and the end of the financial year
    - Post a WAYWRN image on my affiliate thread (not this one) wearing your members tie. Images with good lighting, photo quality etc will definitely help your cause
    - Doesn't have to be a full body shot, but we must be able to see the jacket/tie/shirt combo
    - General fit/look/coherence will be the main factors we'll judge on but also knot shape too (me and the Mr's)
    - 2 entries per person max, so make them count
    - winner which we'll choose on the 1st July receives either a free tie (7 fold or classic), free cashmere scarf or 3 x pair of Pantherella's.

I'll kick it off tomorrow with an entry of my own, which doesn't count of course but with a 1 in 17 chance of winning the odd's are pretty good.

Cheers
    Jason

15. blahman

blahman Senior member

Sitting around at katrinas with my pants off. Third time I have to get them off this afternoon. Great that they want to get it spot on before releasing their work. Took them in to get waist taken in and seat adjusted. A+ again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.