Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I was thinking that too. The sleeves should be where your shirt sleeves are and the shirt sleeves an extra 1cm or so lower. You could always let the sleeves down but be careful doing that as you will have a visible line where it's let down on the cotton.

2. xiaoli

xiaoli Senior member

i have actually never seen a khaki suit at the RL stores in Sydney. I wonder where they stock it...

3. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Dammit Ari, the first Friday over 30 next summer you get out there and rock that suit, ok! You're young, you're in IT and have a khaki Polo suit and the world can go to hell.

4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

If memory serves me correct CR started to slide in about 94 when they started to out source their manufacturing initially to Fiji, they still made some clothes locally but they were shipped off to the US for sale and not available here. They also started to dramatically change the cut of a lot of trousers around then. I remember their pleated chinos stone coloured and a great fit, they also did some very nice fitting and comfortable linen pleated trousers. Then when I went to buy another pair of Chinos in 95 the cut had changed dramatically to a flat front. As for CR and their current styling the last item I bought off them was wool cashmere jumper in 06. Most of what they have is, well put it this way at my age I don't want to look like a twenty something.

As it is unless you get MTM or bespoke you cant buy pleated trousers OTR here at present. Or least I haven't found an outlet that sells them and even BB have changed the cut on their 1818 Madison Gabardine in the past year or so, now with a lower rise according to talk on AAAC.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

5. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Exactly!

6. quar

quar Senior member

I'd honestly sell it. It doesn't fit very well. The lapels are bowing out. The sleeves are too short. And you don't appear to be comfortable with the colour.

7. fox81

fox81 Senior member

the real question is why were they about to open a new store if they were in such financial trouble?

8. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Sounds dodgy, doesn't it.

9. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I have seen that suit in Myer – (Elizabeth st) late last year and early this year. I work in city ….so a lot of lunch time adventures !!!
    Fit isn’t that bad. But the sleeves are a bit too short.

10. xiaoli

xiaoli Senior member

What size is it and how much would you sell it for :D

11. blahman

blahman Senior member

Time to check out RL store for khaki suit. Been eyeing that khaki suit on the mannequin in Myer Bourke St store for a year. Sz36, my size, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. Now it's gone and I miss it. Price was fluctuating between reg price and $750. If it is now $500 it might convince me just enough to drop my cash down.

Still almost 2 months left of my 6month no purchase commitment though...

12. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Funny you say that, pleated trousers were FJ's big strength when I was there. That had about 4 different cuts and probably 20-30 different fabrics from gaberdine, cav twill to some really great flannels in all sorts of colours and weights. All made in australia out of Australian wool for about $140-$150. There seems to be a renaissance on pleats here on Style forum too. Maybe they were just far too ahead of the trend cycle (like 10 years ahead). Probably not though!

13. blahman

blahman Senior member

I'll but it for $300 since its second hand now :D

14. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Appreciate everyone's opinion on this matter! Overall, given my doubts, and my limited opportunity to wear, it will be returned. Lucky for me, myer has a very liberal returns policy.

xiaoli, i will just return it to the myer city store, pitt st. happy to meet you there if you want.

the size is 40R. there are a couple of 42R and one 38R i believe in store. it is $518. You can meet me at the store when i return it if you want haha.

On the other hand i did buy a blue blazer from RL too... both the suit and the blazer are made in italy, possibly by corneliani?

[​IMG]

15. xiaoli

xiaoli Senior member

interesting... i will be taking a walk around the city tonight and have a look if they have others to try on.

what size was yours?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.