Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meister

meister Senior member

This.

I went into their sale and their shoes particularly have got lost as a collection. They used to do some good Paul Smith type copies from Italian factories but now they are selling PRC made suede boots with plastic soles for over AUD100. That's when you have truly lost it. The store is also totally Gen Y centric as well instead of a balanced selection of menswear. The quality is woeful especially the suits.

2. blahman

blahman Senior member

Oi! Don't shit on us Gen Ys!

The thing is CR shifted its position to Gen Y fashion with this label and created Trenery label for the more classic styles. Price quality ratio is still crap though.

3. fxh

fxh Senior member

CR might be close to going under in some form but if they had placed themselves in voluntary administration then there would have to be an official announcement to creditors and shareholders and regulators..

Nothing in the papers or on ASIC site.

4. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

I bought a bunch of their v-neck sweaters on sale for about $50, they're nice enough for the money and fit well.

Annoyingly, I got a letter saying I'd been downgraded in their VIP program for not spending enough money there. I wanted to write back and say that's a reflection on them, not me...

5. lennier

lennier Senior member

Quick update while I have some internet access. Arrived in Milan today, no sleep on the 12 hour flight from Singapore which left around midnight local time so tired and grumpy, especially since it's pissing down in Milan at the moment! I will recover somewhat once I find the nearest open bar (that's coffee in Italy, for anyone who doesn't already know). Hoping to implement some shopping suggestions from the forum at some point.

On the plus side, visited my first Uniqlo in Singapore and picked up some slim straight jeans and a nice casual slim fit unstructured linen jacket for cheap :)

6. Philip

Philip Senior member

Enjoy your trip! I'm sure Milan must look beautiful in the rain.

7. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Guys just got an email that the members ties will ship tomorrow (Italy time) so going off past orders I will hopefully ave them by Friday. I'll send out the invoices once I know they have actually been shipped.

I'm going to run a competition also, will post more details later but basics of it will be put a pic up in the 2 weeks after you get the tie on my affiliate thread, and best WAYWT will win a free tie or scarf of their choice. Winner will be based on the general tie/shirt/coat combo but also overall fit and harmony and som decent natural light photos will work in your favour too.

Ta
    Jason

8. meister

meister Senior member

9. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

10. sliq

sliq Senior member

11. Philip

Philip Senior member

I'm sure the hipsters will alleviate the crisis.

Do any of you have any reservations on buying thrifted clothing that people have died in, regardless of the intention to wash/dry clean?

12. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

No, that doesn't bother me. Living in a house where there had been a brutal triple murder or something though--I'd probably draw the line there, so I'm not totally without superstition...

13. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

None whatsoever. Do you have any reservations about trying on clothes in DJs that people with contagious diseases may have tried on before you?

14. fxh

fxh Senior member

Not many people die in a suit and tie. Or overcoat.

I have more problem buying something from a zit faced sales person with nose piercings and the sniffles and a rash.

The whole opshop thing in Australia is pretty lean picking compared to USA and uk . Just the population numbers make a difference plus the quality of clothes just didn't exist here in many instances. On the other hand Australians are great travellors and often shop overseas.

As meisters article points out though there is also the problem of opshops getting too expensive and new clothes getting cheaper. The salvos in particular have a tendency to wildly overprice their stuff. $14 -$20 for a second hand shirt is getting silly when a new one , much better one online, is about the same price.

I saw a pretty ordinary suit Ina salvoes the other day marked at $90. Dreamin.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

15. xiaoli

xiaoli Senior member

raining all day again in sydney :cloud:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.