Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Hi Gents,
    Last week I have ordered some cedar shoe trees form endless. 7 pairs in total. I read some where importing wooden goods in Australia is restricted/prohibited ?!
    Now every time I order something from endless it usually clears in customs in few hours if not by the same date. By the below tracking it seems like they may have been stuck with customs. Just have a bad feeling Australia has worst customs ( from my past personal experiences) . What are the chances that they will confesticate these items ??
    Has anyone had any problems importing shoe trees form US ?? Is 7 pairs of shoe tree too many for Aussie customs ??

Arrived at destination and will be entered into the delivery stream after sucessful clearance 2012-06-04T04:20:29-05:00 AU
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound Scan 2012-06-03T09:57:00-04:00 AU
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2012-05-31T08:32:00-05:00 Carlstadt NJ US
    Received at i-Parcel 2012-05-30T13:03:07-05:00 Carlstadt NJ US

Below is the aupost tracking shows the item was received on the 31st May.

Date/Time Activity Location
    31/05/12 22:38 Article ready for despatch ALEXANDRIA BULK LODGEMENT CENT

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  2. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Clearly not a brilliant candidate then. Empty the bin.

3. blahman

blahman Senior member

^^ Sorry mate, your trees are going to be destroyed and they're going to send you a bill to pay fine for importing them.

J/k. They're fine as long as there are no bark or evidence of insects. I had 15pairs of trees in last time.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  4. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Customs will contact you if they think there is a problem (i.e. they want to fumigate it). But I wouldn't worry. They are probably just puzzled any Aussie male would want to legitimately import a commercial quantity of shoe trees, unless there is a commercial quantity of drugs hidden in the package.

5. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

Guys, you live in a country where grown men don't give a shit what they wear in the mornings to work...I've pondered this as much as some of you have and have come to the conclusion that they just don't give a shit and there's no point in trying to 'influence' them or do anything about it.

Really.

6. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

hey all, quick question: Ive just received a pair of Charcoal Howard Yount trousers which i'm really pleased with. The only thing is, they are a tad tight around the waist. I can fit 1 finger in, but id prefer get another finger or 2 in to make more comfortable, can the tailor bring it out a tiny bit? or do they need to go the whole way out? unless i just lose some weight :)

thanks Gents!

7. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

If you look at the seat seam that runns up to the back of the waistband, the amount of folded back material will give you an idea on the maximum you can let out - normally one or two inches.

There is no minimum amount - so if you just want to let the waist out by 2cms you could do that if you want.

8. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

awesome thanks mate

9. RemyMichel

RemyMichel Senior member

I found an awesome pair of blue PAL ZILERI cotton chinos made with Lora Piana sport cotton today in my size! to top it all off, they look as though they havent been worn!

oh and crazy horn buttons as well! not bad for concept stuff!

10. lennier

lennier Senior member

Ok, so over the coming weeks I will be in Milan, Barcelona and London amongst other places. I have a list underway, but what might I have forgotten to put on there that I should be thinking of buying? :)

11. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Blahman may I ask what industry you work in?

12. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

The last time I ordered 7 or 8 pairs of shoe trees, they arrived in two days. Don't worry.

13. Naka

Naka Senior member

City Beach stocks it, so unless you are a 15 year old I would suggest against it. The jackets I've seen aren't made very well, just more mass-produced rubbish for the masses.

14. apple3210

apple3210 Well-Known Member

hey, anyone in perth recommend a cobbler in the city? For shoe stretching perhaps.

15. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Gents, some advice please. I bought a navy micro-houndstooth FC shirt at the R&B sale. I'm having trouble coming up with a tie combination that would work with a grey suit (or maybe navy iacket and grey slacks). I could always wear it open-necked I suppose, but I'd appreciate your ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.