Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I agree, I tried one on too and found them to be very strange. Boglioli on the cheap they ain't.

2. Naka

Naka Senior member

Only the knits are worth it. The four R&B ties I have all pull like crazy and can't hold a dimple to save their lives. After I tidy them up I will be donating them.

3. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

Really? I scored one a couple of years back at a sale and have had no issues with it other than it is a touch on the long side (hello 2 x 4). Maybe different suppliers?

4. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I only have one R&B tie, but I disagree. I own this one:

http://www.rhodesbeckett.com.au/products.php?s=12-812-8121-229217

[​IMG]

I've only had it for a few months, but it's held up very well. One of my favourites actually.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  5. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

6. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

It'd also be great if I could get a pair of these:
    [​IMG]

7. smeggett

smeggett Senior member

So, I'm looking for some sage local advice...

I was out at a wedding-type function (long story) on Saturday night and when I returned to my hotel room I noticed a small dark red spot on my C&J Westbourne shoes. Red wine I'm guessing. At the time I licked my finger and sort of rubbed it a little, but it seemed to almost take the color out of the leather which i though was a little odd. So, it being late and all, i put the trees in and the shoes back in their protective bags to look at another day. Checking them tonight, I see that some of the color has indeed come out of the leather...

[​IMG]

As you can clearly see here in two spots. My query is how to remedy. I know I can polish them up, but would prefer it if I could get away without using a color polish to restore the original color (since I like them that way and all). Is this something a leather conditioner would fix, or is it a polish -only type job?

All advice gratefully received prior to trying internet sourced (and not necessarily tested) solutions.

Cheers

8. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I don't think conditioner will fix it, you will most likely need to use a colored polish or cream. Think about it, if the colour has been removed, the only way it will come back is by using something to introduce colour back. I'd prob just try and dab on those spots to even it up. Then condition it then do a full even coat of polish and buff the crap out of them. And don't sweat it too much, spots and nicks give shoes character over time.

9. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Guys a quick update on our tie project. Order was placed last week and I was told 3 weeks roughly, so let's say 4 weeks accounting for any delays that might come up. Once on their way I'll let everyone know, they ship with DHL so only take 3-4 days to get here normally. Once they arrive basically the quicker you pay the balance the quicker you'll get the tie. I'll issue payment requests to everyone leading up to their arrival to keep track though. I'll keep everyone up to speed if anything changes.

Cheers
    Jason

10. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Great Jason. Looking forward to it.

11. LeJouvre

LeJouvre Senior member

Florida, USA ; New zealand; Hong Kong; Singapore
    Just thought I'd poke my nose in and see what the boys down under are talking about.

12. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

That's fantastic, Jason. Looking forward to it.

13. smeggett

smeggett Senior member

Thanks for the feedback - I was hoping that I could get away without the need to colour match, but guess I knew deep down it was going to be necessary. After inspecting the other shoe closely, I noticed that it had also copped a few splashes as well, but they had absorbed into the leather and are only evidenced by a tiny almost unnoticeable circular line in the leather. If I hadn't noticed the drops on the other shoe I wouldn't have a problem. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Edit: I never thought I'd see the color come out of leather so easily... remind me not to lick my finger next time!!!

14. LeJouvre

LeJouvre Senior member

Florida, USA ; New zealand; Hong Kong; Singapore
    Smeggett, can I have a better close up of those shoes. A close up of the spots with a little bit of the surrounding area.

15. smeggett

smeggett Senior member

Here you go LeJouvre...
    [​IMG]

And one more for good luck...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.