• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Probably they can't close until they are all gone :p
I tried on one of those unlined unstructured jackets last year. Too generously cut for me and the fit was all sorts of weird. I've tried a few more unstructured jackets since and none of them really fit me. I guess my body isn't really built for unstructured jackets.
What is KB's history anyway? And where do they source their stuff?

I agree, I tried one on too and found them to be very strange. Boglioli on the cheap they ain't.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Really? I scored one a couple of years back at a sale and have had no issues with it other than it is a touch on the long side (hello 2 x 4). Maybe different suppliers?

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

streetminimal

Reaction score
It'd also be great if I could get a pair of these:

smeggett

Reaction score
So, I'm looking for some sage local advice...

I was out at a wedding-type function (long story) on Saturday night and when I returned to my hotel room I noticed a small dark red spot on my C&J Westbourne shoes. Red wine I'm guessing. At the time I licked my finger and sort of rubbed it a little, but it seemed to almost take the color out of the leather which i though was a little odd. So, it being late and all, i put the trees in and the shoes back in their protective bags to look at another day. Checking them tonight, I see that some of the color has indeed come out of the leather...

As you can clearly see here in two spots. My query is how to remedy. I know I can polish them up, but would prefer it if I could get away without using a color polish to restore the original color (since I like them that way and all). Is this something a leather conditioner would fix, or is it a polish -only type job?

All advice gratefully received prior to trying internet sourced (and not necessarily tested) solutions.

Cheers

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think conditioner will fix it, you will most likely need to use a colored polish or cream. Think about it, if the colour has been removed, the only way it will come back is by using something to introduce colour back. I'd prob just try and dab on those spots to even it up. Then condition it then do a full even coat of polish and buff the crap out of them. And don't sweat it too much, spots and nicks give shoes character over time.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys a quick update on our tie project. Order was placed last week and I was told 3 weeks roughly, so let's say 4 weeks accounting for any delays that might come up. Once on their way I'll let everyone know, they ship with DHL so only take 3-4 days to get here normally. Once they arrive basically the quicker you pay the balance the quicker you'll get the tie. I'll issue payment requests to everyone leading up to their arrival to keep track though. I'll keep everyone up to speed if anything changes.

Cheers
Jason

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys a quick update on our tie project. Order was placed last week and I was told 3 weeks roughly, so let's say 4 weeks accounting for any delays that might come up. Once on their way I'll let everyone know, they ship with DHL so only take 3-4 days to get here normally. Once they arrive basically the quicker you pay the balance the quicker you'll get the tie. I'll issue payment requests to everyone leading up to their arrival to keep track though. I'll keep everyone up to speed if anything changes.
Cheers
Jason

Great Jason. Looking forward to it.

LeJouvre

Reaction score
Just thought I'd poke my nose in and see what the boys down under are talking about.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers
Jason

That's fantastic, Jason. Looking forward to it.

smeggett

Reaction score
I don't think conditioner will fix it, you will most likely need to use a colored polish or cream. Think about it, if the colour has been removed, the only way it will come back is by using something to introduce colour back. I'd prob just try and dab on those spots to even it up. Then condition it then do a full even coat of polish and buff the crap out of them. And don't sweat it too much, spots and nicks give shoes character over time.

Thanks for the feedback - I was hoping that I could get away without the need to colour match, but guess I knew deep down it was going to be necessary. After inspecting the other shoe closely, I noticed that it had also copped a few splashes as well, but they had absorbed into the leather and are only evidenced by a tiny almost unnoticeable circular line in the leather. If I hadn't noticed the drops on the other shoe I wouldn't have a problem. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Edit: I never thought I'd see the color come out of leather so easily... remind me not to lick my finger next time!!!

Last edited:

LeJouvre

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback - I was hoping that I could get away without the need to colour match, but guess I knew deep down it was going to be necessary. After inspecting the other shoe closely, I noticed that it had also copped a few splashes as well, but they had absorbed into the leather and are only evidenced by a tiny almost unnoticeable circular line in the leather. If I hadn't noticed the drops on the other shoe I wouldn't have a problem. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Edit: I never thought I'd see the color come out of leather so easily... remind me not to lick my finger next time!!!

Smeggett, can I have a better close up of those shoes. A close up of the spots with a little bit of the surrounding area.

smeggett

Reaction score
Here you go LeJouvre...

And one more for good luck...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads