Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Funny you should say that as I have never seen Saphir in Australia. I've contacted Avel, the parent company 3 times to enquire about stocking it in the webstore and they haven't ever responded to one of my emails. I read somewhere that Waproo may be the Aus distributor but can't see anything on their site or google searches, but it's on my to do list to contact them and see what they say.

Anyway it's good stuff the Saphir, but honestly the kiwi polish works really quite well too, you just have to put some elbow grease in as is the case with any polish. The Saphir renovatuer is really excellent though as a conditioner.

2. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

Thanks- I thought as they are my first nice shoe i would splurge and try and get the best product to help them out. I might get the renovator and the black wax/polish in from overseas.

the shoes should be arriving very shortly- G&G Rothschild....

3. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

That's a beautiful looking shoe, congratulations.

4. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

Mmmm...I originally read that wrongly and was a bit confused for a moment. Such is Friday afternoon!

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nice shoes, that's quite a deep pool to dive in if they are your first nice shoes if you know what I mean ($$$$). Hope you enjoy them.

6. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

P Johnson kilts. There's a thought. No pleats, side tabs, no sporran, mid thigh.

7. Jimbosaurus

I know the topic of jeans was discussed a little while back so I thought I'd share. I received some 3 Sixteen SL-100x from Self Edge today and I'm pretty thrilled. They're a great slim straight cut and they feel really tough. The thing I like most is the obscenely long inseam, at 6'3" being able to cuff a pair of jeans and still have some break is something I always thought would be impossible.

8. wishiwasricher

They are second hand so i got them at a great price. Unfortunately brand new is a little out of my budget so i thought a great price second hand would do.

Im trying to build my wardrobe and SF has done my bank balance no favours so i look for the cheaper alternatives. Bought a pair of meermin shoes today as well. Next step is a pair of carminas. Then i should be done.....for a while.

9. Jimbosaurus

Where did you order the Meermins from?

10. xiaoli

xiaoli Senior member

All these talk of rebuilding ones wardrobe, and I have ignored the actual wardrobe itself.

Time for a trip to IKEA!

11. wishiwasricher

I contacted Pepe at Meermin directly about 2 months ago and he told me they were out of stock but would contact me when they had refilled. Todays the day!

Its funny- right at the point that the Meermin thread boomed they seemed to run out of stock. Im sure half of it went to SF members.

12. Jimbosaurus

Ah cool. Yeah I contacted Pepe recently but I was too late and he said he's no longer doing email orders. It'll be interesting to see what their online store looks like.

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Unfortunately it doesn't. They often have sales that do apply though, just need to subscribe to their emails. Another relatively cheap place for AEs with frequent sales and cheap shipping is Nordstrom.

14. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

[​IMG]

15. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

I've recenlty been trying out the various coloured RMW polishes, and they are nice. They are more of a cream and have a pleasant mild smell of wet clay.

I tend to also use Sedgwick leather care product sold for care of bridle leather. It has a nice citrus smell and is great on the hands too. There were a few comments on the forum warning against its use on shoes but if it's good enough on bridle leather and non toxic it's good enough on my shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.