Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Azzaro has Antichi Telai suits for $350 and Enrico Coveri suits for $150. Both excellent value for the price, especially the ATs (which includes their own house label).

2. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

3. fxh

fxh Senior member

Azzaro

South Melbourne

Don't buy online unless you are experienced.

Last edited: May 2, 2012

4. fxh

fxh Senior member

Oops didn't see California dreaming post

5. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Speaking of my Caine blazer, can I get a fit critique please? I had it altered at Katrinas lately and pretty much just went with what they suggested. I haven't really worn it though since I've been waiting for the pants.Just putting it on again tonight, I think they have overdone the waist suppression by an inch at least (hence the weird belt/shirt bump under the small of my back in the side on pictures).

I'm also a bit worried that the shoulders are a touch too small, but I think the waist suppression exaggerates that and pulls everything in. The sleeves appear too short in the photos for some reason but I'm pretty sure they're fine IRL.

Finally, since its hopsack, its seems to sit a bit differently on the body than my other suits making it a bit hard to tell and exaggerating folds/bumps of material.

*edit* also its a completely unstructured natural shoulder, which is new to me.

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hard to tell wit the lighting but yeah it is a bit tight around the waist and hips, the second photo in particular shows it quite well. I wore my navy Caruso hopsack today, it's a lovely fabric, but very warm (good if you live in Canberra for the next 5 months)

7. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Thanks for the comments.

Really? I find mine to be quite the opposite... very cool and breezy in fact. The Epaulet hopsack is a really loose weave. It's actually see-through if you hold it to the light (half canvassed). Great for me since I seem to have an abnormally high body temperature :embar:

8. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

I so blaming you all if start buying ties after this... I had it under control too -- no ties in ~1.3 years and only a *small* collection.

9. fxh

fxh Senior member

There's hopsack and there's hopsack. It's just a description sometimes used loosely. Pun intended. I've seen stuff described as hopsack that looks too smooth to me, I tend to see hopsack ans having a definite obviously knuby sort of surface. With a bit of interest. Like hessian bag only more refined.

On the fit, the jacket looks a bit short to me , but then that's what the youngsters are wearing these days, so blahman tells me. Looks a bit tight around the middle but might work ok not done up. The sleeves won't look short if you hoick your shirt sleeves up a bit. Just shift the button to make them narrower and sit up a bit higher. Or buy some shirt bands.

I expect shirt bands will be the next iGentt or Pitti fashion. If so I'm there baby. Ahead of the pack.

10. Deapht

Deapht Well-Known Member

if you have a friend, you can buy these

http://www.mjbale.com/clothing/suits/2-suits-for-1000

11. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

The blue jacket/grey trousers/suede shoes combo for a chilly autumn day:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Details:

Jacket: Lorenzini linen (Sorry, Pink Socks, I know it's not summer [​IMG])
    Shirt: Rhodes and Beckett
    Tie: Drakes
    Pocket Square: Gieves and Hawkes
    Trousers: Polo
    Shoes: C&J Chiltern

12. Henry Carter

Cross post

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Riviera
    Cottonwork
    Henry Carter Neckwear wool Herringbone
    MTM tan trousers
    Carmina

13. Henry Carter

Ok guys, good things in my inbox overnight. We can do a darker green, and they will weave the silk to order for me, even for this low qty, so for those of you that are in to design or know your pms colours I have chosen 3435, which is the same green as in my mock up. Dont think we need to go darker than this, but I can if everyone wants.

As you will all know when you read your PM's, the wombat has won. I think we should make his cape or whatever you want to call it either navy or grey rather than black, this is SF afterall. Perhaps when you reply back to the pm's with length/widths you can let me know the preference. We may need to simplify it a bit more also, like get rid of the line at the bottom and fill in the cane and remove the line of his bum, but I should receive a sample before they do them all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Naka

Naka Senior member

http://www.mjbale.com/on-sale/covent-check-grey-navy

Someone who takes a 36 should buy this before I do :fu:

I vote a grey, as it looks better with the black tophat. News on the darker green is awesome, I have been hankering for a rich forest green tie.

15. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

No worries GN, my Tumblr tag is Ok a reference, not a rule and anyway winter in Australia is summer for me.

How are you like the Chilterns (they look good). Am really glad I searched around for the Chukka model, they are my favourite shoes at the moment. The unlined uppers and suede makes them great for lazy casual (shirt and jeans) and smarter casual (blazer, shirt, dark jeans/odd trousers) plus the leather sole and slightly less rounded shape means I can still wear them with a suit (felt great yesterday trying to be Pink Socks Agnelli). Glad I went the half size up, a little looser than my Sydney but because of the width not sure the 9.5 UK would work so well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.