1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fxh

fxh Senior member

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  3. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Personally I just can't stand the peak lapels on SS' Washington fit suits. They're gigantic & scream peacock. They look worse the further you size down as well (it seems like the lapel size and height stays the same for whatever reason). I would also personally not get peak lapels on a casual blazer/jacket, and would prefer notch.

Everything else about their stuff looks quite nice though.

4. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Walked past this store in Melbourne this morning, they stock Wolverine 1Ks for a pretty reasonable price (when considering how expensive they are to get shipped over since they're so heavy, and the fact that you can avoid fit issues).

Last time I checked they were ~$450 at McCleods.

http://www.thewalkingcompany.com.au/1000-mile-boot-110.html

5. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

I was after one of these as well so thanks for the tip!

I've been in The Walking Company shop a few times. Interesting place with a decent range of men's and women's outdoorsy footwear.

6. fxh

fxh Senior member

I am very serious about opshops - most good shops will have excellent clothes brushes- stiff bristles - some with bone handles etc for a few $ - often in a zip up case with other things like nail clippers, shoe horn etc

7. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Oh I don't doubt it, I just wish I had the time and inclination to go op shop trawling. If only they had websites...

^^A bit tongue in cheek, but if I ran an inner city vinnies I'd certainly think about taking a photo and writing a quick description each day of some of the top quality arrivals and chucking them on a tumblr somewhere...

8. fxh

fxh Senior member

The CBD opshops - Salvos, Brotherhood are over the top with prices and try to select for what they see as a CBD audience - they are possibly accurate and dont frequent clothing forums - generally atrocious stuff.

I just do a 5 min run through on an opshop I'm driving past or come across in my travels.

9. fxh

fxh Senior member

I'll send your CV on as a volunteer to Vinnies

10. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

So I know every couple of pages there is a call out for a good hairdresser in [insert capital city here], but I might try again with another shot for Melbourne.

I have been growing my hair out of late, and while I would like to keep growing it out, it’s getting quite wavy and curly and might need some shape added. I suspect that I will need a hairdresser who knows how to manage curls (surprisingly most can’t deal with them and just cut them back).

11. fxh

fxh Senior member

More::

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...lothes-hit-37-thats-turn-Jeremy-Clarkson.html

12. fxh

fxh Senior member

Hard - you might check out Gazman or especially a Gazman "factory" outlet if theres one around - they sometimes have ok stuff not too expensive. Might be betetr for your purpsoes to look for a cotton/chino jacket.

That Suit Supply stuff looks silly short for that kind of jacket.

It appears we are going through a year or so of every off the rack jacket being too short, with even conservative brands going slightly bum freezer - (and some tighter) this will make it even harder than it has been to get a decent OTR/RTW jacket. Perhaps buying a long?

13. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I'm not sure 'coming up trumps' means what you think it means?

Anyhoo, what about Uniqlo. I'm sure blahman or someone else could advise you on sizing.

14. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Hahahaha

15. Romp

Romp Senior member

because they don't do kids sizes? [​IMG]

yeh my colleage had same issue - 36S would have been perfect.

after reviewing the sales on my site it looks like i should have stocked more smalls and probably add "extra-small" and not even bother with X-Large in future

16. joiji

joiji Senior member

17. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Clearly you've never played bridge/500 :)

Really, the simplest thing would be for you to decide navy is ok after all. What was your logic for not wanting a navy jacket again?

18. joiji

joiji Senior member

19. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

^^ I get that, but particularly given your limited budget, that's a lot of trouble you're causing yourself just to get a slightly lighter shade of the same colour :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.