Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

Same. Sprig of wattle in silhouette would be nice. Don't think it would need to specifically reference SF - but if the consensus was to do this, a more subtle way would be to 'stack' SF or even SFAM like, say, the Carlton insignia...
    [​IMG]

Positioning on the front of the back blade would be best, because you could decide to have it partially visible of entirely obscured depending on how you wear the blade.

A plain bugundy grenadine (or something like that) is both wearable, but also unusual in AUS, so it would be distinctive (which is what you want in a club tie - ie so you can recognise other members). A repp would also work, of course.

2. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Fair enough guys. It can be changed but someone will need to find a vector image of a wattle leaf (in .eps or .ai format) or if anyone knows of a designer that would knock something up for free I can use. Pls dont send me jpegs as they can't be used. I had a quick look on some vector sites and couldn't find one.

I do have a designer that will do it but charge $50, so I can get it done but it will add $5 to each tie to cover it. If your happy for me to and we can't find something for free, perhaps Toby you can give me a brief with a pic of roughly what you want.

Ta
    Jason

3. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

Does anyone have any thoughts on herring readings with slim jeans? (thin Finns, Petite Standards)

4. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Can you please repost? The pics didn't come through.

5. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Yes, I believe it is. A friend sent me the photo and naturally, I found it hilarious. I think Jacobs by Marc Jacobs was a capsule thing he had running around 2009.

Ridiculous, if you ask me.

6. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Thin Finns, Petite Standards, etc. are rather skinny jeans, but it all depends - those leg openings could look like leggings on some men and slim straight on others.

In any case, Herring Readings with jeans = a winner in my books. I don't know why I didn't pull the plug on those six plus months ago. They're very nice, for the price.

7. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

8. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

It was a satirical label by Marc Jacobs. He was making fun of the industry, and himself.

9. blahman

blahman Senior member

For the SF AU emblem, I'm thinking of something like a Peugeot or holden badge but with a wombat in a top hat and a walking cane.

10. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Or a Kangaroo in Double Monks? Or perhaps more seriously something like this with a tie [​IMG]...

Something like The Armoury logo? http://lnsee.tumblr.com/post/21425235157/armoury-tie-navy-tie-with-hidden-lion-by-drakes

Discreet and interesting enough to be on front of back blade, but I hear what Charlie's Wardrobe is saying about graphic designer etc

My thoughts are if there was to be an Australian Members tie, it should be different from the things I already have, either in terms of interesting colour/texture/pattern with a little classic logo (rather than map/flag but then I am not Australian...[not that I want the Scottish/British flag either]). but it really depends what Henry Carter are able to offer.

Any interest in club tie in the trad. sense (ie stripes with "club" colours)?

Charlie's Wardrobe - have I opened a can of worms here...?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  11. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

re emblem for Oz tie blahman might be right about the Holden crest but my 2 cents goes for consulting the work of Reg Mombassa and his Mambo Loud Shirts.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  12. Naka

Naka Senior member

I thought everyone was rocking Chevvy badges these days?

13. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Yes.

14. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks guys. As we are getting a lot of opinions on what we should have I'm sorry but I will only be taking feedback and suggestions from those who have PM'd me to say they are interested.

I do like the wattle idea though and in particular this one -

[​IMG]

With embroidery the pattern has to be reasonably simple to get a good result. The more detail that is in the logo the worse it will come out.

I mentioned before re grenadines, but if we go that route the logo must be on the tipping (where I mocked them up before) as you can't embroid straight on to grenadine, which rules the back blade out.

Re club tie, hard to do as a custom woven design puts the minimum up to 40, which we just wont reach.

I wont be able to do anymore mock ups until tomorrow because I'm just flat out today but that doesn't mean we can still narrow things down a little more.

I'll see if I can get my supplier to send me some photos of a few fabrics I have in mind though so we dont have to wait for swatches to arrive.

Ta
    Jason

15. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Do you have any heavy silk twills? 50oz navy/burgundy/green?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.