Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nice looking lapel roll on that blazer Gerry.

Cross posted from WAYWRN

Casual(ish) Friday and a preview plus a rare PS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coat: Caruso
    Shirt: Cottonwork
    Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Prototype Grey Cashmere Knit (should land in time for US/Europe Autumn/Winter)
    PS: Random navy dot sea island cotton from Japan
    Denim: G-Star Raw plain straight fit
    Socks: Pantherella Navy Dot
    Shoes: Herring Reading

2. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

going to perth for 48 hours this evening, never been there and no idea what to do/where to eat:

- tonight: landing at 8pm... anywhere i can get a decent feed at 9pm? preferably high-end casual rather than fine dining. could make a booking this morning if needed

- saturday: picking up a car at 9am, no idea where i'm going... don't want to drive for more than say 3-4 hours total that day, so margaret river is probably out of the question? is fremantle the best bet? no idea... where to have din din?

- sunday: best brunch joint in perth? still have the car til 1pm.

any last second help appreciated!

3. lennier

lennier Senior member

Can't help much but if you're in to coffee try Epic Espresso on Hay St. Perth is a bit of a coffee desert but Epic are great.

4. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

5. blahman

blahman Senior member

Taking lady friend out for dinner Sunday evening, Looking for a little gem bit off the beaten track. Recommendations?

6. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

^^ Jason that light gray cashmere knit looks siiiiiick. Any advance warning on the price?

7. blahman

blahman Senior member

Well, no matter the cost is a bit of an exaggeration. But generally true. The findings mentioned in the article sounds about right to me too. I have workmates balking at purchasing shoes over $100 (honestly I used to be the same). Their reason being that they are worn on feet and be stepped on and take a beating and they don't expect any shoe to last long.

8. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

I must admit, I'm very much looking forward to meeting Jason (Charlie's Wardrobe) when I'm next in Canberra.

As odd as it comes across, I think my girlfriend will find this even creepier than you do, Jason.

In any case, well played today, business casual like a BOSS. *golf clap*

9. sochumpy

sochumpy Well-Known Member

try http://www.ventuno.com.au/
    not a bad wine selection, nice chilled out place.
    food is great

10. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Also do you plan to do any other colours? The knot on that looks fantastic.

11. sliq

sliq Senior member

read that article on shoes.

the only shoes missing from my collection are desert boots and black brogues ):

12. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

How do these hold up?

13. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Glad to hear you have taken up the challenge GN, look forward to seeing the full shoe wardrobe rotation. Think you should challenge a few of the other shoe czars to join you...

Navy, grey and suede - beautiful work. This is the post referred to - http://linenforsummertweedforwinter...579/variations-of-the-ethandesu-lnsee-uniform

Looks good Charlie's Wardrobe....I def. do not need more ties but grey cashmere is very tempting...

By the way have you thought about doing pocket squares (no idea what the cost/demand would be)...also how many orders would you need to make an Australian Members thread official tie of some sort (just an idea, maybe a stupid one)....

14. Henry Carter

Cheers guys, agreed it is one nice tie and I will likely give it a flogging the next few months.

This one will be $99.95 all going well, and the colour should be close or very slightly darker to this, haven't decided yet. But I am going to try and get them here a bit earlier to have them for winter here (hopefully by July). Stocks will be limited though to only 16 per colourway.

That will be the only cashmere one but I am planning on doing a plain silk knit in a brown and also a navy w/ white dots too, which should both be in the $69.95 to $79.95 range.

Also should be doing a few shirts I hope, made in Italy too. More details on those later as it's very early days for that, they will be classic but high on details (MOP buttons, great semi spread collar etc.).

15. Henry Carter

Ha ha all good mate, looking forward to meeting you as well when you are next in town.

Have thought about pocket squares and maybe next season. Stay tuned.

Also thought about an Aussie members tie and can do it. I'd need a minimum of 10 ties for a classic construction or 7 fold and 16 for a knit tie, whether it be cashmere, silk or cotton. I could get something embroidered like SF Australian Member on the back blade or tipping to make it unique but not in your face. Anyway I will think about that and perhaps if there is enough interest choose some fabrics to put up for a vote. Maybe PM me though for anyone who is keen so I can keep track.

Cheers, Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.