Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Roughly what prices woud I be looking at for the 50% off jackets?

I couldn't say - I was hoping someone else would as I've been too busy to ever go in when I've gone past (yeah, fail I know).

Also, I like some of the stuff but not lustfully enough to brave going in to a boutique like that as the only customer in the shop, for fear of actually buying something that I don't need right now.

My (uneducated) guess would be something around the $1000-$1500 mark though...

2. ZengaGent

ZengaGent Senior member

Guys I saw an ad in the Sun Herald yesterday for an "up to 75% off sale" at both the herringbone outlet and a place in nth sydney, is this the same sale that has been discussed a page or 2 back or a different one? I may head up for the day on the weekend if someone has checked either out and they think it's worth it. Would be grateful if anyone can report back here if they do.

You might be referencing the sale at HB's Chatswood Chase Store, which they've actually termed a 'Warehouse Sale'. Prices are as low as they sound. Bought a slim-fit shirt for about $90 (down from $259). Suits are set at $500 and ties at $55; the usual buy-more-and-get-them cheaper clauses apply. Nothing off the core items though as per normal.

Mind you, this was Saturday 10/7. And when I made it to HB in the early afternoon, there wasn't too much left in the lower sizings (e.g. 38 and 39). Might be worth a look if you can find something that fits you I suppose.

Cheers.

3. johnannemarie

johnannemarie Senior member

anyone spotted some good sales in Perth?

4. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior member

anyone spotted some good sales in Perth?

I saw a big "End of Season Sale" sign in the Parker & Co window today but didn't bother going in as I'm on a no spend kick. Might be worth a look

5. whereswally?

whereswally? Member

Any suggestions guys on where I can pick up a bananda, neckerchief or small silk / cotton scarf in Perth / Aus?

I'm looking for something along these lines for a fancy dress function.

It's actually quite hard to find examples.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. cgo

cgo Senior member

I couldn't say - I was hoping someone else would as I've been too busy to ever go in when I've gone past (yeah, fail I know).

Also, I like some of the stuff but not lustfully enough to brave going in to a boutique like that as the only customer in the shop, for fear of actually buying something that I don't need right now.

My (uneducated) guess would be something around the $1000-$1500 mark though...

I had a brief look when they just started the sale....jackets are around $1500 to $2000+ after 50% sale!

On C&J Sale, Bodileys in Northampton (UK) is having a sale on their website. Quite decent sale as a C&J Tetbury costs me around A$360 inc. shipping.

7. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

I had a brief look when they just started the sale....jackets are around $1500 to $2000+ after 50% sale!

On C&J Sale, Bodileys in Northampton (UK) is having a sale on their website. Quite decent sale as a C&J Tetbury costs me around A$360 inc. shipping.

I checked out the Bodileys website but cant find no sale... Details???

8. Sydguy

Sydguy Well-Known Member

Duplicate! Deleted.

9. Sydguy

Sydguy Well-Known Member

Question Time;

Do any shops in Sydney sell Peal & Co. Shoes?

If you wear a jumper under your suit jacket should any jumper cuff show?

Has Australia ever had a worse dressed Prime Minister? (Seriously)

10. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

Unlikely. That is a Brooks Brothers house brand from memory.

11. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Question Time;

No, because whilst Peal & Co used to be an independent leathergoods house many, many years ago, it has been an in-house brand used by Brooks Brothers for a long time now. Their bags are made by Swaine Adeney Brigg (and perhaps others) and Peal & Co shoes are made by C&J and Alfred Sargent. I have a couple of pairs of BB Peal & Co shoes and they are very nice, although the instep could be a little higher.

If you wear a jumper under your suit jacket should any jumper cuff show?

I think that a little bit should peep out, but others may disagree.

Has Australia ever had a worse dressed Prime Minister? (Seriously)

Since the last one, you mean?!

Seriously, though, whilst Ms Gillard doesn't have great taste in suits (widely-spaced, light-coloured pinstripes on black suits isn't a good look, in my opinion), she's really no worse than the past few PMs. Kevin Rudd was a big fan of bland, light blue ties, point collar white shirts and very bland dark suits paired with RM Williams boots. From memory, John Howard occasionally wore a pocket square, but his taste in ties and suits was typically very ordinary and his suits didn't fit particularly well.

12. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  13. johnannemarie

johnannemarie Senior member

I saw a big "End of Season Sale" sign in the Parker & Co window today but didn't bother going in as I'm on a no spend kick. Might be worth a look

i will have to check it out

14. penguin vic

penguin vic Senior member

Hmm, I thought JH wore Anthony Squires bespoke. Is this a reflection on the quality of Squires? [​IMG]

Yeah the Anthony Squires website used to (still does?) trumpet Howard as a client with accompanying photo of him in a horribly fitting suit.

15. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Hmm, I thought JH wore Anthony Squires bespoke. Is this a reflection on the quality of Squires? [​IMG]

Yes, John Howard wore some Squires bespoke, but not exclusively so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.