Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

For Pink Socks and fxh [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

"I spent a lot of money on double monks, P Johnson and wrist beads. The rest I just squandered."

3. jobro

jobro Senior member

Best person to ask would be PATRICK JOHNSON or an agent acting for him.

4. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

If you give P. Johnson a call or send them an e-mail, they will let you know about pricing. In my experience, they are good at responding although it can take them some days to respond to e-mails - I suppose that it depends on how busy they are.

P. Johnson used to have prices listed on their website but took them down some time back, quite possibly because it would be difficult to give precise prices when people often request customised options.

5. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

What troubles you fxh? Sure some of us occasionally venture out sans socks but for the most part I have found this thread very friendly, helpful and useful. It can occasionally get a little self indulgent or superficial with such serious issues as what suede boots should I buy, I cannot find my size anywhere, luxury goods are not cheap enough, I want more clothes/shoes/whatever (I have been more than guilty on all on these) but it is a nice escape for the bores of work or whatever and a good place to get advice, knowledge and insight into menswear (which is what brings us all here ) and other issues.

I appreciate the knowledge and passion you and others bring to this thread and find I mostly use SF for this thread only (as I suspect quite a few others do). I like the friendly, open, helpful and engaging atmosphere here, the freedom to speak your mind (I was sorry when The Wraith, who many disagreed with, stopped posting here), the jokes and the ability people have to take a joke.

Also how else would I have found out about www.sexyankles.tumblr.com?

Good points of course and maybe the focus should also be less about the material goods and brands and more about the idea of dressing well and how to achieve this (not ignoring the serious issues you mention but I come here to discuss tailoring and double monks; hip replacements and serious world issues are more of a personal issue for me to be dealt with offline with friends and family privately - not to sound too pompous).

And as to drinking with appolyon, I think I will start with lunch.

This is still an open invitation to all Aus Thread Members in Melbourne - Wednesday 11th April, 12.30pm at either The Mitre or Cafe Treviso (will put to a vote later, cycled pasted them very briefly yesterday and I think both would work, literally metres apart) for a quick lunch and sharing of ideas. Open, friendly environment and you can turn up in a tracksuit, NO SOCKS and white plastic 'jester' loafer shoes for all I care as long as you are semi polite, friendly, open minded and pay for your own lunch. Off the top of my head I think Gerry Nelson, appolyon, Jimbosaraus, thebrownman and I have expressed interest (sorry if I missed anyone). The more the merrier... Will post a little more closer to the time to finalise details.

Avatar approved. I am hoping my C&J's Sydney start to look like that as they age.

Enjoy the Easter Break all.

(Hope this post is taking in the friendly tone intended, I am aware I can sound a little bit...well you make your mind up...)

PS I write this sockless...

6. lennier

lennier Senior member

Since my office is about 30m away from both there's a good chance I can make it along, depending on possible prior commitments that I'll need to confirm on Tuesday.

7. Windowpane1967

Windowpane1967 Senior member

[​IMG]

Anyone into mens bracelets? Have narrowed down to this one. Any other recommendations based on experience?

8. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Not me sorry. I'm one of those that think the only jewelry blokes should wear is a nice watch and a wedding ring if your hitched.

9. md2010

md2010 Senior member

exactly .

10. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Thirded.

11. fxh

fxh Senior member

Hey Pinkie - its all cool -

Nothing wrong with bit of wrist wear or a couple of rings. Long as it suits your style.

The thing I don't like is those expanding metal watch bands most men wear.

oh and earrings on anyone much over 20 - unless like its a fully sick 3 or 4 and rock dog clothes.

Eyebrow piercings NO.

And I wont buy food from anyone with a bit of metal in their nose.

The rest I don't mind.

Well except neck tattoos.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  12. Contango

Contango Senior member

Jumped on their website when I saw an ad in the AFR. Heading straight for the shirts section and saw nothing but Van Huesen. Closed web browser.

13. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Glad to hear...and I agree, if a neck needs decorating wear a tie.

14. Spinning

Spinning Active Member

Thanks for the welcoming guys.
    Quote: Turning 21.
    Starting work at one of the big 4 accounting firms mid year. Thus, will be on the lookout for shirts/ties/suits/shoes.
    Interests are keeping the girl friend happy, watches, gym, fashion (getting into it now) and obviously I do like accounting (weird, I know)
    Want to keep some anonymity being the internet and all - So, I'll leave out where I'm from/name etc.

Quote: Hopefully I do not get led astray!

Quote: Great news.
    Ties you say? I am all ears.
    My current suit is hard to describe. Sort of Navy/Grey? Regardless, I have had a lot of comments on it. I will be looking to buy two more. A dark solid navy and a charcoal, with a lighter shade of grey perhaps down the track. Shirts will be plain white, light blue, and variations of those most likely (perhaps some checkered and pin strip patterns)
    Ties I'm in need of to match the above. Thinking navy, grey, blue, reddish colours? Open to any suggestions on where to buy and what sorts etc.

So ties along with the following are on my priority list as of the moment.
    Will be heading to Sydney in late July in need to pick up;
    -A nice pair of dark denim (maybe raw) that will last/be a great fit.
    -Pair of brown shoes for work, will then need a belt to go with it.
    -Pair of dressy/casual shoes (or at least find some I like then be able to purchase online)
    -White shirt x2, light blue shirt x2 for work.
    -We'll see if I have any money left following this. Most likely not...

In other news, my latest purchase for myself was this Chaps belt;
    [​IMG]

and I just bought this for my girlfriend as her birthday present - Marc Jacobs Classic Q Lil Ukita Satchel (not my picture);
    [​IMG]

15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Ha! Went in an op shop on the peninsula and found a Chester Barrie houndstooth sportscoat in my size :) Just need to get the waist taken in a little bit but the shoulders are good. Did NOT expect to see in this Australia!

By the way, thought you all might like to have a laugh - someone found this photo of me from the early 90s [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Think I should post this in Streetwear and Denim or Men's Clothing? [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.