Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Thanks for that - I didn't realise they shipped overseas. Is there a different site to http://www.tassels.com.hk/en/readytowear.php that you can order from?

I thought that was a private conversation!!! [​IMG] I've just emerged from step 2.

2. fxh

fxh Senior member

You can scan your foot drawing tracing in and email it to herring. Just make sure you are not scaling down as you scan or email or you'll end up witha little shoe. If you just give them the right measurements then they'll get you the right size usually. See also http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/9400_50#post_5092048 Do a search on this thread on measuring g foot or shoe There's lots of posts.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

3. Windowpane1967

Windowpane1967 Senior member

Apologies in advance for the lack of originality, the Michael Caine Avatar inspired me!! Was either Al Pacino or Brando....!!

4. Sceps

Sceps Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post fxh, I have been on the herring website for a week or 2 deciding will I or wont I buy shoes online. This new founf info has getton me over the line. Thanks mate.

5. IndigoB

IndigoB New Member

I too have been browsing the Herring site intensely lately and have just pulled the trigger on some Loake 1880 Buckinghams today. There have been a lot of great discussions here and at other forums on sizing, quality, etc that have been a lot of help.

I've got a delay notification email so may have to wait another week or so but looking forward to opening the box when they get to Tassie!

6. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Have also been thinking about these for a while now. Post some pics when they arrive?

(Welcome aboard btw.)

7. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

[​IMG]

8. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Sorry for the quote from several pages back - there's been a lot of activity here over the past 24 hours!

Anyway, as far as I am aware, yellow armpit stains are not due to sweat itself, but are actually due to the aluminium salts in anti-perspirant deodorants. If you use a plain deodorant, you will not get yellow armpit stains.

9. fxh

fxh Senior member

The problem with mobs like DJs and Myers and my mate Gerry Harvey, is that they actually despise the customer, and see them as a resource to be exploited- like a mine, dig it while the price is right, ruin the land, and put nothing back. The problem is the whole culture in these places . They think the problem is solved by sending out a memo, or having a HR person with a short skirt and high heels run a "positive motivation" training session or two. Or by adopting a mission statement or getting a idiot to run tweeter or Facebook. That works for the PR in newspapers, and maybe for shareholders, but it isn't real change.

In Melbourne the shoe section needs a special guide to find. Its totally disconnected from the rest of men's wear both physically and conceptually. Usually theres a bored sales assistant who knows nothing about shoes or men's clothes. Mostly it's been a very young female. It's not likely they have any interst est in male dressing at all.

Believe it or not there's a better range of shoes in Florsheim and even Aquila these days.

Strangely with apparel it's the more upmarket stuff that's being purchased online. That means DJs old niche above Myers etc is going.

10. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You are correct Ina way, in that as far as I'm aware the stains only show up if you still sweat. If you use an aluminum based deodorant and don't sweat you wont get them. I use this spray stuff called no sweat that you only put on every 3 days, which is aluminum based, it's brilliant. I've tried the non alu deodorants and crystals etc and while it's a cleaner sweat I found I actually sweated a lo more using them.

11. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

I've got an IWC Portuguese Automatic (5001-07) which is probably about due for a service. I'm slightly fearful of sending it to Richemont.... could be an expensive exercise.

12. fxh

fxh Senior member

I see different explanations for the yellow underarms etc , I'm not sure that anyone of them is correct by itself.

There's an Australian woman who has written a few books on cleaning and stain removal and she advises on making up your own compounds etc. the great part is she's neither a Stepford Wife type or a dippy hippy. Her background is, I think, industrial chemistry, and she works out stuff scientifically and in her own lab.

She was on radio sometimes. I'll doa search.

13. fxh

fxh Senior member

14. Henry Carter

15. Henry Carter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.