Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

2. Mirador

Mirador Well-Known Member

I'm hearing talk about a new shop in Smith Street, Collingwood that's going to stock high-end shoes including John Lobb, anyone else know anything ? location seems an odd choice to me

3. lennier

lennier Senior member

Yeah those Pimlicos are a great option I think. Once my cheapo Aquila brown suede chukkas (only bought because they were half price) bite the dust I think I'll be looking at a pair of Pimlicos.

4. lennier

lennier Senior member

Comparing pics it seems likely that these are rebadged Kemptons for Herring for GBP20 less than they charge for the Kemptons: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=6&shoeid=464

5. fox81

fox81 Senior member

no i havent heard that. whats your source?

incidentally, there is a paul smith store opening on collins st, in front of 120 collins.

6. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Suede Lowndes with jeans:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. quar

quar Senior member

I was at P Johnson today, the new wider notch and unpadded shoulder looks the business. They are going from strength to strength.

8. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Thank you Gerry. Looks good. Not making the decision easier (too many choice, though the pictures help), but def making more enjoyable.

9. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

What a strange blue land you live in Gerry

10. Gerry Nelson

[​IMG] Yes, I almost feel like a Smurf! The photos were taken just as the sun was rising on a cloudy day.

By the way, I ordered 3 pairs of cedar shoe trees from Endless.com in the US on 13 March. They arrived today, THREE days later! Unbelievably fast shipping and cheap as well - US$20 each plus US$10 for shipping.

Quote from the shipping page:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

11. The Upright Man

The Upright Man Senior member

Hey Naka,

Are you based in Chermside store or the city? I might pop in to say hi also at some point over the weekend.

12. Gerry Nelson

For what it's worth, although I really do love my suede Lowdnes, I'd lean towards the suede chukka for a more classic look.

13. Naka

Naka Senior member

I'm officially based in the Chermside store, so feel free to pop in anytime. I work from midday Thursday through to Monday, and I'm sure you will enjoy the kit instore and the food and drink should you choose to have a snack or a coffee.

Windowpane, I'm not quite sure about the origin of the Faconnable trousers but I will make sure to enquire about the tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

14. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Thanks Gerry. Chukkas seem to be getting the love. But fork out of and wait for C&J's Chukka (unlined and leather sole) or get the Loake Pimilco...?

What model do you have Gerry? You seem very satisfied with your shoe range.

And in the spirit of fairness, C&J Sydney's and jeans...(apologies for iPhone quality photograph)

[​IMG]

15. Gerry Nelson

The Sydneys look superb!!! I was tossing up between a pair of Marlows and a pair of Sydneys and ended up getting the Marlows only because I got them at a pretty good price. The 341 last is great!

I have a pair of Florsheim suede chukkas - bought just before I started building my shoe collection. The'y look similar to the C&J Tetbury and are super comfortable - too good to donate right now and strangely enough have gotten as many (unsolicited) compliments as the suede double monks. The only thing is that after about six months of intermittent wear with regular application of the spray-on protector, the suede on the sides is looking a little rough - almost like a pilling effect.

I'm not particularly impressed with the quality of the suede on these chukkas but I plan to wear them out and then replace them with a pair from Northampton :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.