Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Hey does anyone know where Mr P Johnson got his leather glasses cord thingo? Pic:

[​IMG]

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

3. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Doubt PJ got his here but you could try http://theknottery.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=87 and mark as SSL

Alternatively you could email PJ Tailors or this chap - http://modernartillery.tumblr.com/ (he has one from them) and ask. Not really a fan myself, ruins a clean look for me. But PJ style more popular than mine.

Thank you to all those who answered my C&J suede boots query. Interesting points made by all esp. regarding whether a suede boot should be elegant or more casual. I think I will go with the Chukka model when is neither too sleek nor too rounded. Also like a leather soul and the unlined nature. Never find Australia too cold and I already have a tan coloured leather pair of chukka type boots which are lined and have the Dainite soul. Really appreciate all the feedback though, it helped me make the decision.

Only issue is that the Chukka is a D width (C&J's narrow) and on a bit of an unknown last (200) so have emailed C&J's and some other places to find out if these will work for me and if so what size I should take. Then I will need to find tracking down somewhere to get them in the right size. I am usually a UK 9.5/10. I have the C&J Sydney in a UK 9.5 and a few pairs of Church's in UK 9.5 wide which all fit well and then a mix of UK 9.5 and UK 10s. Worried the 200 last might be too narrow. If it is not an option or too hard to find I might go with the Tetbury.

Anyone any experience with C&J 200 last or a range of C&J lasts?

4. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

5. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

Picking up? If so, let me know what it is as I am swinging by this afternoon and would love to take a squiz! Picking up? If so, let me know what it is as I am swinging by this afternoon and would love to take a squiz!

6. lennier

lennier Senior member

Yeah I am picking up but it's only a plain white shirt to go with the dinner suit, nothing too exciting other than being my only PJohnson shirt (hopefully not another slippery slope I've stepped on to). The cotton suit excitement was last week :)

7. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Question for the connoisseurs 'Does Scotch age/ develop in the bottle? Or is it the case that when it comes out of the barrel that is it?'

8. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

I will take this one as the Aus SF thread resident Scotsman. Ages in the barrel but not in the bottle, unlike wine. But this link adds another layer - http://www.dramming.com/2010/03/21/does-whisky-age-in-a-bottle/

Yes, no way back now...

9. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Well I have a bottle of Chivas Regal which is 20 years old so when Tigers Dragons game kicks off on Friday night I will submit my views.

Also I need to pick up a couple of pairs of casual trousers for winter thinking of wool cotton blend that are machine washable any suggestions for a local buy?

10. Clovis Sangrail

Clovis Sangrail Well-Known Member

Dry cleaner - Bankcroft's in Toorak Road are excellent. Expensive but excellent.

11. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

No

12. lennier

lennier Senior member

They're the usual candidate put forward but a lot of people have been unimpressed with them as well apparently.

13. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Melburnians, what should I expect to pay to have sleeves taken up on a blazer?

14. fox81

fox81 Senior member

$40+, but no more than $50 unless you have some special requirements

15. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

I've been unimpressed with them on three separate occasions. For me, they trade on the reputation of their name, but offer very little in terms of actually doing a good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.