• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone had experience with eHaberdasher and in particular their Benjamin suits?
Not the jackets but I have 3 pair of the trousers. They are beautifully made for the money. Cut is a bit funny though. Quite tight in the waist/seat compared to other makes and not that slim in the lower leg. Took a bit of work letting out waist/seat and slimming the legs from knee down to get the fit down. But they fit well now.

Last edited:

Windowpane1967

Reaction score

In Sydney for couple of days. Bought the above tie today and be very interested in what the group think would compliment it by way of shirt combination and if possible, best suit options. Have ties covering the full spectrum, just never had an Orange tie so this is a bit of a puzzle to me. Be very appreciate of suggestions.

Windowpane1967

Reaction score
Henry Bucks would be my first choice, they tend to turn over more Drakes than any others so they usually have the latest releases. You just have to search for them amongst all the others ties they stock. Suggest you have one of the team point out where they are. They have a couple of glen plaid ones left that are beautiful.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wedding tie:
These are the only silver/grey ones I have in my stock. Which to go with? And perhaps I have to lose the square too. Lacking a solid white cotton/linen one.

The top check looks spot on. Makes you look grown up and even possibly well dressed. (did I jutst say that?)

Surely (don't call me Shirley) you have enough brains to fold that hankie so mostly white shows?

Edit:: I'd suggest a half Windsor or a Pratt with that collar.

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm short wedding. Party dead by 9:30. Went with the check one, double 4ih (not because its the SF in thing, but because I'm short) on cutaway collar, and bought a white cotton hanky on the way there. $70 cab round trip. Not sure worth it.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In Sydney for couple of days. Bought the above tie today and be very interested in what the group think would compliment it by way of shirt combination and if possible, best suit options. Have ties covering the full spectrum, just never had an Orange tie so this is a bit of a puzzle to me. Be very appreciate of suggestions.
Blue complements orange very well. E.g. Navy suit, blue striped or checked shirt, orange tie. I do blue with Hermes orange quite a bit; so do these guys: http://patrickjohnsontailors.tumblr.com/post/11685326881/knitted-linen-and-camo-pcj http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/post/17363194917/thank-you-for-who-ever-put-this-montage-of-my-only

Windowpane1967

Reaction score
Blue complements orange very well. E.g. Navy suit, blue striped or checked shirt, orange tie.
I do blue with Hermes orange quite a bit; so do these guys:
http://patrickjohnsontailors.tumblr.com/post/11685326881/knitted-linen-and-camo-pcj
http://mostexerent.tumblr.com/post/17363194917/thank-you-for-who-ever-put-this-montage-of-my-only

Thankyou for the suggstion, much appreciated. Feel better now that I have not made .... another, impulse buy. I have dark navy suits and can see from these picks some nice options re shirts.
Thanks Again

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sneaking a suit past the missus is very different from a pair of shoes. Too much surface area not to be noticed.:lol:
I thought I could get away with wearing a new suit I got from CD in his big Movember sale. Got caught but then she shut up when I told her it cost me AUD30!
Very nice Canali BTW = my near exact size.:fonz:
There should have been no hesitation IMO..

Glad you like it!

For Blahman's benefit, that one was an op shop suit. I've never been able to figure out how it ended up at the Salvos at about 1% of RRP (at the time), but I'm glad it did.

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
Stupid bumpkin post office wasn't open Saturday morning. Now I'm going to have to sacrifice my lunch break to catch a tram and walk 20 mins each way in order to pick up my Cottonwork shirt.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ You need to get stuff sent to your work. The security guards at my work laugh at how many packages I get... :)

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Have we come to an agreement on a reliable Melbourne dry cleaner yet? Just noticed a small presumably grease stain on the lapel of one of my jackets I would like to get fixed.

lennier

Reaction score

Have we come to an agreement on a reliable Melbourne dry cleaner yet? Just noticed a small presumably grease stain on the lapel of one of my jackets I would like to get fixed.

Not last I heard, still can't believe that such an obvious opportunity in the market hasn't been filled. I'm seeing Tom and Jen on Wednesday so I might ask them again as I seem to recall a mention that he may have found some place that seemed promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads