Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeggett

smeggett Senior member

I've got a couple of pairs of Dockers from a trip to the states last year and they suit my purposes fine (business casual type dress - I wear orange hi-viz on a daily basis, so the expectations aren't high when I visit head office!). They were had for about USD30 in Macy's (can't believe that place - they have stuff crazy marked down (in comparison to what we get reamed here) and you ask them for a tourist discount and they knock a further 15% off for shits and giggles!) and represent pretty decent value at that price. Pure cotton, solid construction and decent styling...

A good staple (although I'm yet to find somewhere online that direct ships to Aust, so if you know of anywhere?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. lennier

lennier Senior member

I've used Tailor Store online MTM for chinos and been pretty happy with them. http://www.tailorstore.com

3. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

There are a tonne of threads about this if you do a search...

4. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Re : driving shoes. I have the Herring Enna for two summers now and they send my wife into absolute raptures.

The Herring Torino seems to be the same shoe but in suede.

5. blahman

blahman Senior member

I've actually considered the Torino in red for a while there until I decided on the pair of Navy Bexley shoes being more versatile as my last pair before the ban.

6. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

I think I'm in love.

But isn't it the case with AE you have to use a forwarding agent? I tried to buy a cordovan wallet a few years back and they would not ship to Australia or has this changed?

7. Geoffrey Firmin

If you want chinos look no further than Bill's. STP off the best price mind you sizing is a bit hit and miss http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~bills/?perPage=24

8. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Yes, I have a couple of pairs - with the introductory code and the special offier they had on at the time, I got them for about $50 each - shipping two pairs over cost around $50 though so overall cost worked out to about $75 a pair including shipping - not bad. This post turned me onto them. I find they fit true to size so know your waist measurement.

9. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Were those the khakis you were wearing the other day? They looked good. Have been thinking about a pair or two myself. What type did you get M1, M2 or M3? M3 are slimmer fit yes?. Think there website (http://www.billskhakis.com/shop/pants_twill.html) explains it, but looking for Au SFer experience.

And when you say know you waist measurement do you mean get out a tape measure and be honest (and cry) rather than going with my standard jeans size?

Also what weight did you get and does it work?

PS Thanks for the PTO link, will read that too.

10. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Thanks! Those were actually Uniqlo Flat Front Vintage Chinos which I bought when I was back in Malaysia and I really like them but Uniqlo generally don't allow you to buy stuff online. Uniqlo in the UK does but only ships within the UK so you could get someone over there to order it online and send it over.

Regarding the Bill's Khakis, I got the M3 which are slimmer fit. Yep, use the tape rather than the jeans - I have a pair of size 32 Guess jeans that feels like a 34 so definitely don't go by the jeans size.

I got the Bills Khakis M3 Vintage Twill Pants - Flat Front, Cotton (For Men) - apart from the Weathered Red colour, the others look to have only a few sizes available. If you can get your size, I think they're pretty good value.

11. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Thanks Gerry. I will have a look and see if any in my size catches my eye and if there is still an introductory code then take it from there.

12. Geoffrey Firmin

They are designed, at least the M2P, to sit just below the navel. I think they use the notion of 'true waist' Mind you I have had problems with M2P in poplin which are a bit smaller and a lower fit.

13. meister

meister Senior member

14. fxh

fxh Senior member

Do you think your wife would be turned on by blahman in a pair of driving shoes and no socks?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.