Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blahman

blahman Senior member

I'm still looking for a decent pair of dull red suede ones. Got some brown suede shoes, some navy suede shoes, going to get some red suede shoes next and probably move on the the crazier colours like green and yellows... after my 6 month purchase ban anyway.

2. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

^^ I think I'm starting to understand why you needed a six month purchase ban

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

3. fox81

fox81 Senior member

i bought my todds from yoox

4. blahman

blahman Senior member

Fit of the sleeves, length of the sleeves, across the shoulders are generally cleaner. The balance of the jacket and shaping at the waist is better. As much as I love the look of Tom Ford on Spoo, I cannot say it looks good on Brad. That jacket looks shapeless on Brad. Ill defined waist with low button point makes the jacket look to have 2" shortened and that Brad doesn't pull his pants up doesn't help the case either. Shirt collar style of Michel's with short points hidden neatly behind the bow is more pleasing to look at than points showing. And classier grooming.

Compare Tom Ford wearing Tom Ford vs Brad Pitt wearing Tom Ford and you see whats wrong with Brad.

5. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

OTOH, he's bangin Angelina so probably doesn't care what we think :D :D :D

6. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

At which part of the chest should one measure if they are wanting to input measurements for MTM jackets? When I measure just above the nipples it comes to 36". However when I measure from under the arms and towards the upper part of my chest, it comes out to 39".

Should I just take the average of the two? I find most of my 36's buckle at the lapels if I stand erect (shoulders back) so am thinking of going for the 39".

7. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Err...no part of your chest, because MTM jackets are a bad idea? Haven't tried it myself, but that seems to be the consensus.

8. meister

meister Senior member

Those new AE on the latest AE cattledog will be right up Blahster Street. Only USD250 http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4025_1_40000000001_-1

There were also red suedes in Harrolds a few mnonths ago.

On YOOX sale http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/KOWAL...17CD7/rr/1/cod10/44370955IP/sts/sr_shoesmen80

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

9. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

MTM jackets are a bad idea? Lol what? I have an appointment on Thursday with a tailor for a sport coat. Just doing a bit of self measurement beforehand to get an idea of what proportions I am.

This isn't an online MTM thing like Indochino or w/e if that's what you were thinking.

EDIT - Self measurements are asked for in the consultation form if you're willing to provide them hence the question.

10. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

aaand I log on to the R&B website when I get home to see there is a "Private Client Event" for which I assume an email will come out shortly offering 40% off storewide.... :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

11. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

Maybe try email them and explain your predicament.

I seem to remember someone on this forum having a similar problem (they bought a suit full price only for it to go on sale the next day) and after speaking to the company they got the discount. Can't remember where I heard it but it's worth a shot!

12. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Definitely worth a try. Alternatively, you could try returning the suit for a refund and then immediately purchasing it at the sale price!

DJ's own Milano range have a few pairs in stock at present, including a navy blue pair that are very nice. I think that they are $190 at full price (although don't quote me on that) but I picked up a pair on sale a month or two back for $120. They're well made - slightly better than the Herringbone ones, from looking at the pairs that I own.

13. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

That was what I was thinking, sorry! :embar:

14. WhiteTigerElite

WhiteTigerElite Member

Could you elaborate on the full set of basics Tobias? Cheers

Where does everyone get their chino's from, got four pair from Land's End last year but they've changed the design...

Considering J Crew, Dockers, RRL or Brooks Brothers. Wish I could afford Incotex and Mabitex.

15. blahman

blahman Senior member

I get my chinos from Giordano. 25 bucks yo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.