• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Brooksfield shirts.
I love them. Can get them regularly at 25 bucks a pop and if lucky sifting through the sample rack I can get them for 10 bucks.

Is this from the South Yarra shop or is there an outlet somewhere else?

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey CEP, did you get anything else?

Nah... Already have a brown glen-plaid for them, and I've got a bit of a love-hate relationship with green ties... I'm not sure they work for me.

Also, I've spent too much this month already. :D

Speaking of which, my new wine-red Drakes boucle tie with bespoke shirt in white Alumo fabric from Nakhle, P Johnson French Navy twill suit (Loro Piana) and black C&J Belgraves.

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just for you FXH,
A sick Mrs and crook neck for the past week has meant no posting. Back to work now though.

Details -
Suit: Messini Charcoal DB
Shirt - Cottonwork Thomas Mason purple gingham (an early collar of mine I really don't like)
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Navy Grenadine un-lined 7 fold
Shoes: Black 1880 Loake Knightsbridge

Looking sharp as always.

Sweet Messini DB...

quar

Reaction score
Nice tie.

I'm not sold on the very obvious pick-stitching on P Johnson clothing. It bothers me a little when I look at what they have made for me.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nah... Already have a brown glen-plaid for them, and I've got a bit of a love-hate relationship with green ties... I'm not sure they work for me.
Also, I've spent too much this month already. :D
Speaking of which, my new wine-red Drakes boucle tie with bespoke shirt in white Alumo fabric from Nakhle, P Johnson French Navy twill suit (Loro Piana) and black C&J Belgraves.

Very well done. Are those Pink Socks?

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very well done. Are those Pink Socks?

Haha... nope; they're red with very fine navy stripes. Pantherella from DJs.

Nice tie.
I'm not sold on the very obvious pick-stitching on P Johnson clothing. It bothers me a little when I look at what they have made for me.

Doesn't bother me either way; pick or no pick stitching. After 6 disastrous Zegna Su Misuras (all of which had pick stitching) and 2 mediocre bespoke garments (one of which wasn't even bespoke, though the outfit claimed it was), I'm just glad I've found a good, competent and reasonably-priced tailor. :)

Caution about the tie: boucle is a very thick fabric!

BTW, Anyone here read F Corb's 'coherent combinations' thread? Pretty solid material there, and if you haven't, I would highly recommend it.

Last edited:

quar

Reaction score
^ True that. The photograph in your Avatar is what made me decide to give P Johnson a shot.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this from the South Yarra shop or is there an outlet somewhere else?

From the South Wharf DFO Gloweave outlet. They have a wall of pigeon holes for shirts, $50 a pop as their regular price and they often do 50% off. Sample stuff down the back. :slayer:

Industrie suit and shirts shop at Spencer St also $25 a pop on occasions.

Waiting for my next Oxford $25 gift card so I can march down to one of their shops again during their 70% off times and plonk down a fiver for something too.

I have to be one of the stingiest MC SFer right now :laugh:

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha... nope; they're red with very fine navy stripes. Pantherella from DJs.
Doesn't bother me either way; pick or no pick stitching. After 6 disastrous Zegna Su Misuras (all of which had pick stitching) and 2 mediocre bespoke garments (one of which wasn't even bespoke, though the outfit claimed it was), I'm just glad I've found a good, competent and reasonably-priced tailor. :)
Caution about the tie: boucle is a very thick fabric!
BTW, Anyone here read F Corb's 'coherent combinations' thread? Pretty solid material there, and if you haven't, I would highly recommend it.

I just read it, good thread. And of course I'm happy to get a guernsey in it!

Thanks also for the kind words re todays fit. Looking good yourself (as always).

lennier

Reaction score

Nice tie.

I wasn't sure at first but I'm unfazed by it now. Plus of course you can ask them not to do it, it's just their preferred house style.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
The shoe fairy just paid me a visit – a nice pair of AS Aldwych’s on clearance from A Fine Pair of Shoes, with their trademark unbelievably fast delivery. I ordered on Wednesday night after been completely ignored by the American Tailors crew when I stopped by for their sale that day, arrived today with a free tin of Sapphire polish. Fit seems to be dead on based on advice provided by Sarah via email, and thanks to Blah, I even have a pair of spare shoe trees!

Looks like it’s off to Rekaris after lunch for toe taps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads