Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobro

jobro Senior member

If you can afford to, pick up a pair in store, or at least buy something else whilst you're there. Send some support to the brick and mortar stores, one day they might not be there for you to try stuff on.

2. apple3210

apple3210 Well-Known Member

true. i definitely would feel guilty if it's a boutique store. But if its just for loakes at DJs, then thats a diff story.

3. "6"

"6" Senior member

I walked into R&R today and I had to say it was a very pleasant shop to be in. Both Joe Sr and Joe Jr were quite accommodating and were well decked out in Isaia jackets. Unfortunately they have nothing in the way of sportjackets in my size. I managed picked up a pair of Bresciani cotton socks in a wicked green colour. If they wear well, I think I'll head back for more.

The sale is still on and there are more than a few decent items to pick up if they are your size. The Borelli shirts were tempting, but I think I'll stick to the bespoke route for my dress shirts.

4. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

Hey Guys,

I'm just about to post back some EP Flannel Slim Walt Pants (32) - only received them yesterday, honestly not a huge fan of the flannel.

I was going to post these back later in the week to exchange, but if someone here in AU wants them shoot me a PM.

Cheers!

5. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

There is occasionally some discussion about Alden's on this forum, though it's fair to say that English brands in the vein of C&J, or Spanish ones such as Carmina, are discussed in greater depth. I've got a few pairs myself, mostly cordovan, including the Alden for J Crew cap toe boots. Lucky you got the discount, I heard about that but I already had a pair that I picked up when I was in the US. 30% off on shell cordovan is a very good discount.

I may get the unlined suede penny loafers on the need supply site. It's a shame they don't stock the original tassel loafer in colour 8 because I'd pick those up in a heartbeat.

6. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

You're a bit slim for me but I'm interested to know what you don't like about the flannel they use.

7. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

+1. Pick up some shoe trees or shoe polish, if you going to put them to the trouble of trying on their shoes and then not following through with a purchase.

Herringbone and American Tailors both stock C&J but are selling them for prices which are competitive with online vendors, so you might as well support the local bricks and motar store. AT also stock Carmina.

Henry Bucks sell Church and, I think, both Loake and Edward Green.

McClouds sell Church and Loake and maybe Cheaney too.

Harrolds sell some Italian brands, I forget which ones as I don't own any Italian shoes.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012

8. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

I'm very impressed by the build quality and fit of the trousers - unfortunately I was after something I could wear to work everyday, these are a little too course and very thick.

I was going to exchange them for the Super 120's Midnight Blue Slim Walt - unless there are other slim fitting trousers that are comparable to EP?

9. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Spotten lennier walking down Little Collins St at lunchtime looking very swish. I couldn't say hello as I was inside having lunch with the missus.

10. bibs

bibs Senior member

Hey guys, anyone in Melbourne ? Can anyone recommend an excellent shoe cobbler who can stretch my boots ? Looking for a good reliable one as these are fairly expensive Alfred Sargents

Thanks !

11. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

FWIW, I find that Loake 1880's are true to size (i.e. just size down one from your AUS/US size) on the Capital and 026 lasts, at least in my size (US10). Best to try on the Mayfair last first, as it's pretty narrow.

12. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Rekaris on Londsale St, near Russell St.

13. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Tried Howard Yount?

14. g-banger

g-banger Senior member

wow - just had a look online, very very cool store. thanks for that.

I'm willing to give the EP's another try, but next pants will be from there howard yount for sure! :)

thanks again mate.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012

15. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Howard Yount trousers are just perfection for me. I've got two pairs and counting--would like to have a closetfull one day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.