Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

2. blahman

blahman Senior member

Liar. I don't see Derek Rose pjs

3. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

Like it - nice pick-up

4. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Blahman they will be up soon (sorry that was what I meant with the 'to follow'). Might be good for your playboy lifestyle?

5. fxh

fxh Senior member

6. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Nice one ... I still cant get a good fit with carminas. Ive got a 9 in both Simpson and Robert lasts.The simpson is too tight across the bridge and the robert is slipping on my heel now that they have worn in :(

My C&J belgraves in 9uk fit perfectly ... Just wish they werent so expensive here. Anyone found alternate source? P.lal also doesnt have anymore stock

7. lennier

lennier Senior member

http://www.pediwear.co.uk if you don't mind the wait.

8. blahman

blahman Senior member

That's news to me too.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  9. charliechan

charliechan Senior member

Hi all, first time poster, I thought this was the appropriate post to ask .. where in Sydney can I possibly get DB waistcoats made?
    This is for a wedding (my brother's). Thanks in advance!

10. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Christopher Forbes (google them) were very helpful and quick when I dealt with them. They seem to have a good amount of C&Js in stock and throw in a nice pair of socks, shoe horn and polish. Shame here is just too expensive. Depending on what model you get Herringbone/American Tailors can give a good price (have heard about $500) but for some models with the dollar the way it is savings of over $100 and quick delivery are too hard to pass up. See dilemma about buying overseas a few pages back. PS you could always keep a fellow SFer in pink socks and buy locally from a friendly source at a good price (see classified link in signature)...size 9 Churchs and camel overcoats to be put up next I think...

11. "6"

"6" Senior member

Stylish men of Brisbane, firstly I must say that the local talent is spectacular.

I will be in town for about 6 weeks for work, would love to meet up any that are keen to have a chat about the sartorial (and non-sartorial) goings ons in this beautiful city.

I walked by Richard & Richard on the way to woolies this evening and it quite looks promising. Though I'm almost certain the prices won't be so welcoming.

12. "6"

"6" Senior member

Love that texture and colour scheme. Perfect for the pending fall/winter.

13. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Gents, just got them..... Hysen Calf Driver. Super soft leather. Wore them barefoot ...feels like butter on my feet !!
    They are very narrow. I had to size up a full size.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Welcome to Brisbane, and it would be good to catch up for a coffee or a drink.

Where are you staying/working? I assume that you're based in the city, given that you mentioned Richards & Richards.

I don't know if it is still on, but there were having a sale recently, with Borrelli shirts from $150, so that could be worth a look. The young chap with somewhat frizzy hair, Joe (the youngest son of the owner, also Joe) is pleasant and talkative, and the older man who works upstairs on Mondays and Wednesday, Danny, is also very nice. George, the tailor based at Richards & Richards, is also great but he's too busy doing in-house work at present to take any outside work.

Would a lunchtime coffee suit, or would it be easier to catch up after work at, say, 5 or 5:30pm one day? Let me know if a particular day suits you and I'll see if I can get some others to come along, too.

15. blahman

blahman Senior member

Just out of pure interest, anyone been down Crossley St and had anything made by Charles Maimone or Charles Edward? :slayer:Just out of pure interest, anyone been down Crossley St and had anything made by Charles Maimone or Charles Edward?

Especially Maimone sounds like a real old-time tailor with very good rep. Almost 60 years of experience and everything made in-house in the back room.

edit: wow opera mini on iphone does some weird stuff for this forum, random emotes and duplicating lines...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.