Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

s'il vous plait (fr. if it you pleases)

2. blahman

blahman Senior member

Unfortunately you're just a tad late. Had the lunch order called couple of weeks ago, finalised last week and the trees in the picture are all what was ordered by the gents here. Ordering 5 pairs directly from bexley at the moment only costs about $27 each if I remember right. This big order is mainly for benefit of those with smaller orders.

3. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Have any of our Melbourne correspondents spotted a sale at American Tailors yet? They usually have their post-summer clear-out at around this time. It's not as comprehensive as their end-of-financial year sale but there are usually some good tid-bits on offer.

4. blahman

blahman Senior member

Walked past it yesterday. Didn't see much happening. The Carmina split toe
    Double monks are butt ugly though.

5. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Nope. Walked past the other day and there were two blokes dressed in singlets and shorts looking at the shoes. They seemed to be getting some attentive service as well.

6. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

I sometimes check eBay to see if there are any neat and tidy Persol sunglasses available and always there is a book that pops up in the search because the author's surname is Persol - "Woman. You need to hear this".

Curiosity got the better of me today, so I swooped in for a closer look ...only to discover a whole world of crazy.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Woman-Yo...pt=AU_Non_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item3f1123cecf

He writes, "Abuse is inevitable when purpose is not known". I'm sorry, that sort of thing is just going to get you a well-deserved kick in the nuts.

7. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

When they told me they were getting brown Carmina double monks (on the Simpson last) in, I was so excited that I kept calling them daily to check if the shipment had arrived. I expected this.

As you would have seen, the reality is very different and I was extremely disappointed when I saw them so much so that I went straight to Herringbone and bought a pair of the suede Lowndes.

On the plus side, I have a pair of Carmina dubmonks enroute to me right now from The Armoury. Can't wait!

8. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Make sure you don't tell him the purpose of the kick when you deliver it to him.

9. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

The Armoury has some new Drakes ties in its e-shop, including... the famed Armoury tie (Drakes navy twill with the Armoury Lion on the back blade).

The Shantungs and Tussahs are also tempting.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

10. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

:) It would add to his "personal experiences, and creative dramatization of truth"

11. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

walked into DJ to try an MJ bale suit on...38 fits perfectly, sleeve length is perfect, length is perfect and waist is perfect. couldn't fault it! $720! although it was the MIC Classics collection...

12. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

MJ Bale are pretty good.

13. blahman

blahman Senior member

Been to that place under Suncorp building for a while, tried Rekaris today and have to say it is now my goto place for topying.
    $35 decent job with nails added to the toe tip. Gave my suedes a quick water proofing before handing the shoes back too.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

14. md2010

md2010 Senior member

$35 for topying is cheap. Plus with nail on the toe top ! How is the finish around the edges ? I have tried few different places and finally went to Coombs. Coombs charge $45 for topying ...but the job they do is just amazing.I was surprised to see how clean the edges were. Huge difference than my local guys at Hornsby ($35).

15. fxh

fxh Senior member

In todays Fin Review BOSS magazine there is a usual page on DRESS CODE where they feature a person and do a small profile Q&A on their clothes and professional dress codes.

Today is Neurosurgeon Dr Peter Spittaler - looking ok enough and recommending MTM from Zegna as a one stop shop.

As well as a good snide snark at Orthopods there is one nice answer;
    Whats your style advice for young doctors?

A= Good quality shoes, but thats a bit of a cliche. I bought a pair of Churches brogues in 85. They have been resoled but they're still alive.

Sadly down the back of the mag there a profile of a super confident Head of Saatchi & Saatchi where the young dude is wearing a dark ( black?) suit with white open necked shirt and brown lace up brogues - with no laces.

Well there you go I suppose.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.