Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blahman

blahman Senior member

Es are for farmers!

2. Axel Ferguson

Axel Ferguson Senior member

Is it that AEs are 'alright' blobby Yankee shoes?

Or 'for farmers' as in needs a hammer and sickle?

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

"Australia - You're standing in it" - That brings back some childhood memories!

4. fxh

fxh Senior member

Yeah. Blahman has suggested I keep the green suit but ditch the white shoes and instead slip on some light tan double monks, no socks and one buckle undone.

Next he suggested I get pants slimmed to hug my legs, shortened to about 4" above the shoes and with cuffs of3.75 inches.

I'm looking forward to my next style meeting with him. He did say to meet him in the toilets at Flinders Street station so we could take photos in the mirrors.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  5. eightace

eightace Senior member

Well that's me telt.

6. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

No the idea of Style is a polyester safari suit, short sleeves of course, with knee high sock and sandals :D

7. cgo

cgo Senior member

Star.

I am thinking the same. Another possible way of doing it is if you know someone here from the UK and they might be willing to help you out. Let me know how you go anyway and if I happen to do something similar, I'll let you know too.

8. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

+1. A proxy of a sort.

Anyway, not to blow my own horn, but I thought that I'd repeat my suggestion from a page or two back:

9. lennier

lennier Senior member

I'd add my vote to the suggestions of using ebay.co.uk, and also suggest that you consider Aquascutum trenches as well as the ubiquitous Burberry. I picked up a brand new one off ebay for a fraction of what they would cost here (if you could get them) and personally I think they're better than Burberry. As far as I can tell most of the Aquascutum and Burberry stuff you see on ebay.co.uk (at least the NWT stuff) has been picked up by the seller at one of the factory outlets and on-sold. Of course the massively lower retail prices in the UK and the proliferation of trenches compared to here means the used market has far greater pickings to be had as well.

10. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

lol. Was a good read that one.

+1 Dodgy Brothers, Tim and Debbie, Chunky Custard...ah, the laughs.

11. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

G'day guys,

A few exciting and a few frustrating updates for you all. Firstly my shipment of Pantherella socks has just landed. A FS thread will be going up this weekend once photo's are taken but here is a run down of what I have in stock -

Cotton lisle mid calf -
    Navy w/ white pindot - M & L, Dark grey w/ pindot- 12 x Large only, Navy - M & L, Light khaki - Large only, Dark grey - M & L

Merino wool mid calf -
    Charcoal - M & L, Dark grey - Large only, Navy - Large only, Dark olive - Large only, Wine - M & L, Dark brown - Large only

As a guide the sizing goes as follows - Medium UK Shoe size 6-8.5 and Large UK Shoe size 9-11.5. Some are available in fairly small qty's of 6-12 to start off with and others like the basic navy's etc there is more stock. Pricing is $27.95 per pair and free postage Australia wide for 3+ pairs. You can also use the SF discount on top of this.

Secondly, and this is completely out of season for us at the moment but I also have the first shipment of scarves in too. Again, FS thread up on the weekend but the deets are they are all 100% Scottish cashmere (woven and made) and I have plain navy, charcoal, mid grey, caramel, purple, wine and a nice country check which i'll post up in the FS thread. These will be $99.95 each, which I think represents awesome value for Scottish made cashmere.

Thirdly, I have gotten around to sorting out the SF discount, which is 10% accross the board (bar postage costs where applicable). See below -

[​IMG]

Frustrations are the usual start up ones of waiting for designers and photographers to finish off work I'm waiting for and website revisions, which will prob now delay the site launch until late March or early April and also means I can't get the affiliate thread going either just yet, but it's all in the works.

PM me if anyone is interested in anything and just quietly the navy w/ white pin dot (impossible to get in Australia) will go extremely quickly, I already have a list of people waiting for them, which I'm on the top of!!

Cheers
    Jason

12. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Beat the crowds to the Herringbone Warehouse Sale in Sydney tomorrow and picked up two nice suits! (One pinstripe/chalkstripe navy and one mid blue with light blue PoW check) both 2 button.

They had plenty of sizes so head out there quick smart if you're looking for something new on the cheap.

13. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior member

I was at Herringbone today to pick up a suit that they shipped in and have noticed a move away from the 3 roll 2 to a 2 button configuration on all suits.

14. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

They've still got a fair few at the Sydney Warehouse. That said, most dudes in Australia probably don't know what a 3/2 roll is.

15. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Yes, I've noticed that, too. It's a bit unfortunate as I do prefer the roll of the 3-to-2 lapel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.