Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aKula

aKula Senior member

Topy on leather soles is too practical. I absolutely refuse.

2. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

I was labouring over the blazers (have my own over the top technique(?) to check fit etc). Am flattered, if it was me, to still be referred to as a kid at an old looking 28 (though it might have been my neon pink trainers - do not ask - see user name). Was wearing a polo shirt and with the bright sneakers, jeans and blazer had a bit of a Lapo Elkann thing going on. Not really the look I was after but speaks of the blazers versatility and casualness. Went back today in a more sensible outfit and tried a few on today. Really like the blazer, the jersey one was nice (better in SB) but think the hopsack one looked a bit better and would probably get more use.

Also looked at the Belstaff jackets, which at $500, seemed OK but not sure what size I would want (they only had a large and would like to have tried a medium for comparsion). They are great jackets but think I might wait until I head back to the UK and look at the Barbour International.

The staff in Henry Bucks (in the city at least) are, in my experience, usually pretty nice. While I like to be left alone to browse and try things on most of the time, the staff at HB are not too pushy but occasionally a little too over complimentary (does it really look that good/fit that well) and always go on about how good the prices are (and seem to think buying $1000 blazer and shoes is no issue - which for some of their clients I am sure it is not). At least in Henry Bucks you can look at clothes you might actually want to wear (though not necessarily buy at that price). Was in Myer and David Jones the other day and literally could not find anything I would wear or buy at any price in the blazer range. For me Henry Bucks is for looking at nice clothes and the occasional purchase in the sale (still wearing shoes I got there over 3 years ago and have pick up some nice ties and accessories).

As to the Boglioli blazers, very comfortable and think they fitted very well for Off the Rack. Have decided $800 > is too much to spend on a blazer just now and might look at Yoox etc or overseas when I go, but leave it just now. Like I have mentioned I have had great experience with P Johnson Tailors so might look at getting a blazer there next time I visit, though a grey suit might be more sensible. Also, might be too expensive to get something unlined (does that add cost?) in a casual hopsack or jersey type fabric MTM? I know forum rules dictate I should call or visit and ask myself but not planning a visit to P Johnson in the next month and am wondering if anyone has any experience (and info on costs) of an unlined, soft structured blazer in a quite casual fabric from P Johnson Tailors or elsewhere?

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Australia? Jesus, that seems far away. I travel to Southeast Asia every year but never Australia. This thread depresses me. Loake, llyod, why so few consistent options in Australia?

4. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

They're AEs....

Its very very very far away, please do not come here

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012

5. fxh

fxh Senior member

Good work - I think this qualifies you to move on from the Australian Members thread to the wider SF, and start ordering Hermes Green Leather Breast wallets bespoke, Perfect Pants from Naples, that may never arrive, or if they do may well be an outrageous 5mm out in the waist, and other such big timer stuff.

6. fxh

fxh Senior member

Far away from where?

From here its very close - in fact we're standing in it!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012

7. blahman

blahman Senior member

fxh: always the charmer.

8. fxh

fxh Senior member

you and me buddy - we make a great team.

9. Axel Ferguson

Axel Ferguson Senior member

It's very far away from me. Makes the plane tickets pretty damn expensive.

10. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

because 99.9% of Australians either wouldn't know quality if it slapped them in the face, or their idea of style is white sunglasses, belt, and shoes with a suit at the races (see first post in this thread).

11. aKula

aKula Senior member

Careful, one day you're putting topys on your shoes, the next you're wearing them without socks.

12. blahman

blahman Senior member

I'm working on converting fxh to my hipster ways right now.

And thanks for the quick payment, Aks.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012

13. blahman

blahman Senior member

http://www.steazemagazine.com/2011/10/26/bet-on-a-bogan-this-springs-sure-thing/

That's actually fxh in the green suit and the white shoes. Like I said, still a work in progress.

14. eightace

eightace Senior member

?

15. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

he probably means that AE is for plebes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.