• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hermes2.jpg

This is what I use

http://www.styleforum.net/t/215158/...reast-wallet-at-hermes-arises-victorious/0_30

Last edited:

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess that's what cars are for. But often, one ends up with little bits of shrapnel through one's travels. Whilst I prefer to use plastic so I have a paper trail when I conduct my monthly financial post-mortem, it is inevitable that incidental expenses will require cash. It is also inevitable that said incidental expenses will generate change ... and I could put it in my pockets until I get home or to my car, but I find the sound and feel of loose change rattling around quite jarring.
Therefore, despite the fact this is most definitely not SF Approved
2122.png
, I am one of those infuriating people that carries coins in his wallet.

Without wishing to brag, I just cashed in my piggy bank (I put my change in it whenever I get home), and it was just under $1200. Far superior alternative to carrying it around in your wallet...

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put all my poo change in a pocket in my bag. I buy coffee with it.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ that's it ... I have a tray at work and at home that I put all my change into, so I'm only ever carrying change around when travelling between those two places

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They came with the shirts - can't remember which brand. I still have a little case of collar stays I bought in Gowings in a mix of short and long sizes. I miss that store. Not always the best quality, but you could get just about any item of menswear there.
As well as ... Taylors shaving cream...

You may still be able to get theses things if you hunt around, but Gowings had them all in one convenient location.

For Taylors of Old Bond Street try here - http://www.mensbiz.com.au/

Always quick and cheap esp if you use the Badger and Brush code for extra 15% off...BB12 / BB2012 or something if memory serves.

Last edited:

zonca101

Reaction score
What does everyone in Australia think of Andrew McDonalds shoes?

Personally, I love the styles and the quality is second-to-none.

We've (Beggar Man Thief) get a new shipment coming to Melbourne this month which is pretty god-damn exciting!

Best Aussie Shoe Maker?

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, Hayel & Son on Pitt Street just quoted me nearly $200 to get the sleeve heads for one if my suits adjusted. Anyone know somewhere less expensive?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, Hayel & Son on Pitt Street just quoted me nearly $200 to get the sleeve heads for one if my suits adjusted. Anyone know somewhere less expensive?

It's a very lengthy process with a lot of labour, in fact, most tailors are not willing to do it.

MickyD

Reaction score
just noticed Myer in Melbourne has a section of the shirt section under reconstruction at the moment, which I assume is for the TM Lewin area

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think they jumped the shark when they started stocking all that adventure gear and novelty products.

I think it was when they opened that shop in Wynyard and then moved into the old Remo site in Oxford St after that it all started to come undone, tragic.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Without wishing to brag, I just cashed in my piggy bank (I put my change in it whenever I get home), and it was just under $1200. Far superior alternative to carrying it around in your wallet...

I have a tin where I put $2 coins in and when they get to $50 I cash them and hide them from wife and son. Other shrapnel goes into bucket in the kitchen.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We've (Beggar Man Thief) get a new shipment coming to Melbourne this month which is pretty god-damn exciting!

Best Aussie Shoe Maker?

Not a fan, sorry. Might be one of the best in Australia, but im the best golfer at my work and I hit off 18. Know what'm sayin?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best Aussie Shoe Maker?

Agreed they are pretty awful especially for the almost $1000 a pair price tag. Zonca you probably wont get much love for those here but from what I hear Andrew McDonald is pretty top notch skills wise, I just think his designs are too fashiony for the construction and quality. If your going to make throw away designs, the construction is lost on the fashiony hipster types that will buy it. They don't give a **** and most don't even now what hand/goodyear welting etc is.

And without piling on too much, those Yuketon cordo mocs on your blog had me gasping at $999! That is a hell of a lot of money, even for horween cordovan and they personally seem an odd contrast, almost a traditional leather sole on the bottom with a moccasin top, very strange to the eye. You can't tell me that the cordo accounts for a doubling of the price on there normal upper end prices? (though even $500 for mocs is pretty ridiculous). Understand you are probably passing on the wholesale prices with a set margin but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics