Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

That's probably about right sizewise (half a size), but depends on the shoe of course. Some Loakes for example I wear an 8.5UK and some a 9, same as the simpson last. The simpson last proves though that you don't have to have a bloody clown length last like most makers to have a sleek chisel toed last. Anyway I just got engaged so there won't be anymore Carmina's (or any shoes) in the near future, think i'll be joining the no purchase club for a while until it's time to get the wedding suit!

I did get mine from the Armoury by the way.

2. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

3. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Major sale on all scarves - Brioni and Etro Cashmere (some cashmere/wool) - ONLY $150

Sale is only for 3 days & quantities are very limited.

Click To View The Sale

Free shipping from USA to Australia on all my items.

4. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

I think I'm joining the no purchase club this year, as I need a new bike.

5. fox81

fox81 Senior member

whats wrong with retro steel?

6. Travellinground

Travellinground New Member

Sorry for the re-post here but I figured since it was for Oz I'd likely get more responses by posting in the Australian members thread. Sorry I'm new here and new in general building my own set of better quality suits/shoes.

I was hoping to ask some of your advice about Himark, I've read through the forums and there doesn't really seem to be a lot of info about them but I saw there was a Groupon for 3 tailored shirts for $199. I'm a little concerned about the fact that they're advertising on Groupon to begin with but I figured getting 3 casual tailored shirts for $199 wasn't a bad deal. If anyone could offer some advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers all.

7. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

Good luck with that :D

8. Henry Carter

Cheers
    I know how you feel, I bought 2 last year! A carbon wilier road bike and and iron horse dually MTB. Bikes are an expensive hobby.....

9. jobro

jobro Senior member

Sounds like you need to join a new job club.

10. blahman

blahman Senior member

Save some money, run instead :D

11. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Never heard of them. Three shirts from Modern Tailor would be less than that (one trial shirt at $20, two more at say $70 each, $30 shipping) at their regular prices, and they have many satisfied customers (me included).

12. Henry Carter

I'm a runner too a already

13. uniesse

uniesse Senior member

14. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Well, its been so long since I've bought a bike that my current ride has become 'retro streel' all by itself!

It's a 1994 custom-made Cecil Walker with Reynolds 531 steel tubing and Shimano 600 Ultegra STi (which was a big deal back then). I'll keep this bike as its an awesome commuter/everyday bike, but I'm getting sick of hauling that hunk of steel up the side of a mountain whilst my unfit-friends just sit on their carbon bikes happily spinning away.

So I'd like to buy a nice carbon bike at some point.

For a SF-related topic, my Sidi shoes (in silver) have been going strong for almost a decade and application of RM Williams conditioner has kept the leather supple. However there are a few grazes on the bottom where the upper meets the sole (as you'd expect) but I've found that Waproo silver is an almost exact match.

15. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Off topic - which Wilier did you get? The company I worked for in England has a deal with the distributor of Wilier in the UK. I could have got a Mortirolo with Ultegra for 1200 pounds back in 2007..but instead I took the family skiing for a week in Austria. It was an awesome ski trip and I don't regret it. Mates of mine back at the factory still ride Wilier and love them.

When I came back to Australia in 2008 no-one knew about WIlier, in Victoria only a bike shop in Geelong stocked them. Nowadays they have a bit more of a market presence, however I'm seeing crazy deals on Izoard with Ultegra at the moment (about $2,200). I guess the distributors bought in loads of stock thinking the credit/retail boom of the early 21st century would last forever. Alas, it hasn't and I guess they are trying to clear old stock.

RE : new job. The only way I can get a decent payrise in my career is to move back overseas. That may happen in the future, but not immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.