Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Err...how would you be more specific than that? Whip out a tape measure and then start pinning it yourself?

2. jobro

jobro Senior member

Being unspecific in the case of taking a shirt to a tailor/alterationist would be taking the shirt in and saying 'make it fit'.

3. xiaoli

xiaoli Senior member

i ve been trying to find decent dark indigo jeans at the sales but havent come across any.

im in sydney. anyone have any suggestions?

4. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

5. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Depending on your budget, and whether you want raw denim or not I can recommend APC New Standards (Similar cut to a Levis 501).

There is a huge thread on APC Denim on the forum and you can try them on at Incu and buy them online.

6. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Visiting Melbourne January 19th for a day and a half - before a week at my Parents on the Mornington Peninsula.
    I will be Jet Lagged as Hell - though as it's 20 years since I left , looking for solid advice for 2 Dinners. I will be staying in the CBD.
    One will be Solo and one with a couple of friends. I don't want to travel much further than St Kilda or Fitzroy at the other end.
    One exceptional Sushi meal would be amazing (I used to like Kuni's) or a Cantonese.
    Also any retail worth looking at?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

7. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

For sushi you could consider Koko or Nobu down on Southbank or Kenzan in the city. Or you could try Izakaya Den (not really a sushi place, and they don't take bookings for dinner). Or Yu-U (again, not a sushi place).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

8. Quarks

Quarks Senior member

I have an exceptional recommendation for sushi. If you like enjoy sushi, try Omakaze at Shiranui (Glen Waverly) which has superb Omakaze. Hands-down easily one of the top five best tasting sushi I have ever had. You have to call in advance (at least a week, sometimes two) to secure a reservation (reserve by the chef counter). The restaurant is located along Springvale Road in Glen Waverly. Don't be put down by the small setting, and be ready to fork out $80 and above for Omakaze. You can opt for Ala Carte if you wish, but highly recommend having Omakaze. I have brought family members and friends and everyone I have brought are always impressed by the freshness & taste bud-evoking sushi (have to try to know). It is expensive but worth it once in a while.

9. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Thanks for the recommendations

10. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Last chance for any Aussies before the general forum and ebay

11. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Good luck, jaypee. Hope you get a great price for them.

12. Mirador

Mirador Well-Known Member

Lau's Family Kitchen in St Kilda for Chinese, can't go wrong

13. RemyMichel

RemyMichel Senior member

You overheard me talking to the sales assistant :)

I found a perfect fitting three piece mid grey 2button Hacket suit for $800 down from $2099,

It was very cool, though it had slanted pockets on the jacket and lapels that were on the slimmer side.

Im thinking i should have bought it....

14. RemyMichel

RemyMichel Senior member

So i went to sydney with the girl friend in late november and picked up a Pal Zileri Sartorial wool blazer, unlined with very cool grey flowers on the jacket. I will post picks. Though it has unfinished sleeves/ cuffs and i need to take it to a tailor. Any suggestions in Melbourne? i have a regular tailor, though i would prefer somebody that has had experience with this type of thing.

I also bought 2 pairs of brunello cucinelli pants, one a blue chino and the other a light grey flannel and want to have cuffs put on them both, any suggestions? as to the the tailor and the size of cuffs for a 6 foot 3 40 L jacket wearing bloke?

Thanks guys

15. miketcooper

miketcooper Active Member

Hello Gentlemen.

I've got a few pairs of brand new Woodlore "Epic" Cedar shoe trees - twin tube, full heel design with the brass knobs - size large (US 12 approximately).

Its a weird surprise gift that misfired, an American mate of mine after we had a whole conversation about handmade shoes, hauled a stack of them all the way over as a surprise only to realise that my gf gave him the UK size on my English made shoes, but he assumed it was American sizes and so the trees are too short.

If anyone's interested, as the Epic is probably the best shape for universal shoe trees, they're available here:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/27088110...04573&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

I'll offer a discount for SF members and if you want all of them we could decide on a price.

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.