Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Used to see him running round Lake BG in the morning. Was tempted to push him in to see if the pr*ck can walk on water...

Feel free to give in to temptation [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. that_80s_guy

that_80s_guy Active Member

FYI Perth folks:
    "stocktake" sales are rampant in the city. Picked up some Ralph Lauren Polo chinos for $100 down from $250 at Myer. Country Road outlet also has some decent casual wear/knits/cardis, some on sale some not.

3. FashionFadz

FashionFadz Active Member

FYI Perth folks:
    "stocktake" sales are rampant in the city. Picked up some Ralph Lauren Polo chinos for $100 down from $250 at Myer. Country Road outlet also has some decent casual wear/knits/cardis, some on sale some not.

Love the stocktake sales - although there seems to be a sale most weeks these days [​IMG]

4. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Love the stocktake sales - although there seems to be a sale most weeks these days [​IMG]

It's that time of year.

5. nich0las

nich0las New Member

Right enough. Really effing average. It's got worse in the six years I've been here - guessing it got downgraded in that time? Can't believe they didn't stick a Herringbone concession in there after the store closed. Canberra is utter mince for clothes, has to be said: Blades or Country Road, ferfuxake (I don't really consider Oxford a viable option as I can never find anything I like).

Canberra frustrates me to no end. There's rarely anything decent to buy, I can't even find a decent pair of jeans.
    It's no wonder there's so many badly dressed guys here.

6. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Referring back to the OP, I'm starting to see signs that Australian men are paying a bit more attention to how they dress.

I was on the 48 tram this morning, and saw a young guy in a really excellent 'fit.

Light brown glen plaid suit, crisp white shirt, green tie, green and white PS and brown saddle oxfords. Everything fitting to a T. Armed for the weather with a tightly rolled umbrella, he looked very sharp.

7. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Rubbish at RMW Spencer DFO. Took me ages to find the outlet in DFO. They only have a few pairs of suede craftsman in odd sizes for sale for $250. [​IMG]

I picked up a pair for $150 for casual wear and love them. There were plenty of other styles when I was there a week ago, so they must have been snapped up.

I was on the 48 tram this morning, and saw a young guy in a really excellent 'fit.

There are a few well dressed lads on the No. 48 [​IMG]

8. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

I call shenanigans. It's impossible that well dressed stylish men inhabit North Boring.

9. Aus_MD

Aus_MD Senior member

Used to see him running round Lake BG in the morning. Was tempted to push him in to see if the pr*ck can walk on water...

I'd offer odds of 200 to 1 that you would come off the worse for it.

10. fxh

fxh Senior member

There are a few well dressed lads on the No. 48 [​IMG]
    I often turn left out of Burke Road at the stop or right into Burke at nights. I might run into you one day. So to speak.

11. ricotta

ricotta Well-Known Member

mm.. i thought i'd try rocking the pocket square most of this week. i'm slowly getting used to the sight of it.

on another note, i am seeing quite a few more oxford captoes these days in Melbourne.

12. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

I call shenanigans. It's impossible that well dressed stylish men inhabit North Boring.

I often turn left out of Burke Road at the stop or right into Burke at nights.

I might run into you one day. So to speak.

eh I actually just catch it from Swanston and Collins to get to dreary Docklands...

13. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This seems to have gone by fairly unnoticed, but Yensen has now been re branded as MJ Bale, because Ganton already have a line of shirts called Jensen apparently.

New website is www.mjbale.com.au and apparently it will have an online store shortly. Looks the same as the Yensen websiteat this stag though and would explain why it wasn't working for that period. Going to Sydney tomorrow so might check what DJ's has in stock.

14. meister

meister Senior member

No C&Js on sale at Herringbone even though it's sale time. Quoted me AUD599 for the shoes.

15. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

M.J BALE? what the fuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.