• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

truevision

Reaction score

Just came back from Spencer Street outlet for Oxford looking for some beater pants. Noticed what appears to be old old stock of Made in Italy knit tie in pink, with the old label and everything. Really crunchy feel to it and seems much better quality than the current offerings. The knit pattern is not unlike the Zegna ones only a bit coarser. Tempted to buy it as it's only $25. Need to put a hold on my spending, seriously.
Oxford used to be aimed at a higher market was it not?

I've got a couple of those knit ties with the old label as well. They seem quite good quality wise. there were heaps of them down at the DFO moorabbin outlet the last time I was there. They also had lots of pants with new stock coming in quite regularly.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay - field report from the H-Bone warehouse sale. On the whole - pretty good. They have a buy two, get one for free deal going.
Lots of shirts back in the store at their useual discounted outlet pricess. Very good range of tiesin cluding a couple of silk-knit (pale blue w navy pin dots) and cashmere (grey or navy) - be warned on the cashmere..it's unlined and therefore more a casual tie. $30-50 for the ties.
Jeans $100.
Chinos and flannel from $50.
Boxers and socks @ $20
Some nice odd jackets $199. They have a v casual blazer in grey marle for $99.
The bargains, in my view, are their polos and knits. Polos (long and short sleeve) are $20 (or three for $40) and they have some knits (woolen ls polos and cardigans) a $10 (three for $20!). The colour range on the knits is a bit poxy, but I got two in navy and one in pale blue. There is a bigger range @ $50 and cashmere knits are $100.
They had one pair of dk brown loafers from their (now defunct?) home brand - made in England, size 11 $150. Small range of PSs, $20
So, I took away three polos and three knits and a PS for $80. Can't complain about that.

Its the same product/prices as the previous 3 months but have just added buy 2 get 1 free

CHECKstar

Reaction score

The bargains, in my view, are their polos and knits. Polos (long and short sleeve) are $20 (or three for $40) and they have some knits (woolen ls polos and cardigans) a $10 (three for $20!). The colour range on the knits is a bit poxy, but I got two in navy and one in pale blue. There is a bigger range @ $50 and cashmere knits are $100.
They had one pair of dk brown loafers from their (now defunct?) home brand - made in England, size 11 $150. Small range of PSs, $20
So, I took away three polos and three knits and a PS for $80. Can't complain about that.

Damn, and I was supposed to be in Sydney this week but piked out. Anybody want to proxy?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay - field report from the H-Bone warehouse sale.
The bargains, in my view, are their polos and knits. Polos (long and short sleeve) are $20 (or three for $40)

Where is the H-bone warehouse? I take it they are open Saturday arvo and what is the colour and size range like in the polos? thinking of son so S would be the go.

thanks

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Where is the H-bone warehouse? I take it they are open Saturday arvo and what is the colour and size range like in the polos? thinking of son so S would be the go.
thanks

Down the street from Billy Hydes drum clinic and Tessuti.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just received a tie from SF'er GShen's Singapore-based Vanda Fine Clothing.

Untipped and unlined. Six-fold. Huddersfield Wool.

Personally, I think it's gorgeous, and I heartily recommend Vanda as a player to watch.

Here is the tie (as taken from an interview with Gerald at Put This On (http://putthison.com/post/12927896737/vanda-fine-clothing):

And again, this time with my sharkskin P Johnson:

Unfortunately, they've sold out of just about every tie on their e-store, but here's hoping they put some new merchandise up soon.

CEP

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean only 30% off on things that's worth a look :p.

lennier

Reaction score

Hi all
Just received a tie from SF'er GShen's Singapore-based Vanda Fine Clothing.
Untipped and unlined. Six-fold. Huddersfield Wool.
Personally, I think it's gorgeous, and I heartily recommend Vanda as a player to watch.

I have one of Gerald's Vanner silk 6-folds from pre-Vanda days, and it's very nice. Seems like a really nice guy too so a venture worth supporting.

DeepBlu

Reaction score
Hey guys, what are some basic rules for coordinating pocket squares with the rest of an outfit? All I know is to not match it to the tie.

Also, just had 3 ties delivered from Sam Hober
inlove.gif
, the first of many orders no doubt.

trentington

Reaction score
oh, and some one told me about a brand called JACK LONDON being reasonable for suit pieces and that they had a clearance store in brunswick street? are they any good and if so, where the heck do i find this wonderful wonderful affordable place

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oh, and some one told me about a brand called JACK LONDON being reasonable for suit pieces and that they had a clearance store in brunswick street? are they any good and if so, where the heck do i find this wonderful wonderful affordable place

Trentington, you don't. No disrespect to 'some one', but don't buy JL at full price, at clearance price, or even if someone is paying you to wear their stuff.

The only thing reasonable about JL is

I'm sorry, I don't know the end of that sentence.

*Edit: Let me explain - JL clothing isn't particularly well-made or well thought out; though in and of itself that's not a problem. Clothes from K-Mart, for example their suiting don't tend to be the most wonderfully made or constructed garments; however, they don't sell them at JL prices. JL sells jackets cut far too short and made in the way that one would find at a street tailor in South Asia for far too much. Just my opinion, but I'm sure on a forum called Style Forum, I'll have many who agree with me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads