Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Sporstcraft sizing for pants is all over the shop (so to speak). I think they are just making it up as they go along.

2. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

What is AT?

Voucher taken

3. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

I'm assuming AT=American Tailors?

4. eightace

eightace Senior member

News just in for Sydneysiders:

Zambelli factory outlet sale this weekend.

They have a range of top-quality Australian-made business shirts, and they are an unbeatable bargain when they have their sales.

[​IMG]

5. Sator

Sator Senior member

Rumour has it that they have them made in China for a cost price of about $15 AUD. When placed amongst a lot of more expensive Italian goods, the $700 starts to like a bargain :nodding:

6. 3ff3z8e

3ff3z8e Well-Known Member

Micky D,

Yup AT = Amercian Tailors. I've got my Gaziano & Girling Vintage Cherry St. James from them at $795. They have a blucher and loafer design as well though their names escape me. Sizewise, I think they had an 8.5E and a 9E remaining for the St. James. Not too sure about the other designs.

7. JSSM

JSSM Well-Known Member

Wasn't much there last time I was in (a few weeks ago).

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Gents, until 12 am tonight Florsheim has 50% off almost everything. Its online orders only. Free shipping as well. At the check out will have to apply code ALL50 and magic !
    Tempted to buy Florsheim "Stamford" rrp $299 now at $149. Its Goodyear welted double soled. Looks solid. Any thoughts ..... I have another 6 hours to decide before the sale finishes. To be honest a bit tight with cash right now.... I may feel guilty if I buy them and may also feel guilty if I let them go at this price. :embar:

9. meister

meister Senior member

Go to tie rack and by one of them for AUD25. Unless you want one of the mechanical ones....

10. aKula

aKula Senior member

Not sure if any other SF'ers were there, but it is good to see more people in black tie at the opera (Wednesday). Glad I'm not the only one "going down with the dinner clothes ship" as Vox would put it.

11. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Bit of a worry up until the beginning of 2009 they were true to size and much better quality, now can't see myself going back unless there is a major overall of their product.

And Wahoo! My teenage son came home and cut off his rats tail today, YES!:slayer:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011

12. tone76

tone76 Senior member

I note they have Nic Green business shirts (I'm assuming these are the shirts you're referring to?). Those are very nice - I thrifted one a few months back and it's lovely. It was actually the right size and sleeve length, too. Were I in Sydney, I'd be at risk of screwing up NPC for the second month in a row.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011

13. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Any of you ever bought anything from overstock.com??

I'm weighing up a watchnpurchase but just wanted to check the veracity of the site first? Any dealings? Ta.

14. trentington

trentington Member

i actually popped into my local R.M. Williams stockist today to fill in some time and they had some fairly dressy chelsea boots, which i discovered they will custom make with any leather of my choosing, soles of rubber or leather based on my choosing.. and for a limited time only will throw in an alligator (or perhaps saltwater crocodile if i think back real hard) belt just to be nice. im starting to think i might invest in some local quality before i send my money to northampton. if i cant be patriotic about cricket (or whatever sport is being played this time of year) i may as well be with style

15. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

our annual awards dinner at work is supposed to be black tie, though most people just wear normal black or grey suits. If I can find something decent cheap enough, I'm hoping to go proper black tie next year just to make a point :) (it will need to be cheap though, I can't justify spending much on something I'll wear once a year...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.