1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lennier

lennier Senior member

Bugger, wish I'd known about that when I ordered my Shakespeares the other day, and paid for non-cedar shoe trees! :facepalm:

2. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

Hey ryan, what alterations did you make and have you persisted with nialma shirts?

3. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Have they changed the Herring code for free shoe trees? I used 'HSAA' previously and that worked.

4. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Most of my alterations were relating to the arms - which were continually WAAAAAAY off. They never really got fixed to the point where I was satisfied with them. I know have shirts that have been over-altered, and don't look or wear great at all.

Sine that order, which admittedly wasn't that long ago, I haven't odered anything else.

I should add i found Stuart's service and persistence to getting it 'right' to be really impressive. He's a great guy. His shirts just aren't for me I guess.

5. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Gents, I have an eerie feeling of an impending ebay rip-off that unfortunately will not be working in my favour!

I sold my old phone to some guy in Russia (I know, I know). To keep costs down I have not sent it registered or with tracking.

The guy asked me for a tracking number after I told him I posted it and when I informed him of not having one he sounded rather gleeful.

My gut tells me he's going to wait till he gets the phone then lodge a claim for the $235 he paid.

What is the best course of pre-emptive action I can take?

6. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Also, on a separate note had my first meeting with Tom from PJohnson today to commission a casual blazer in a deep blue cotton hopsack from Ariston with patch pockets and white MOP buttons. Will post photos at some stage. Can't recommend Tom highly enough, he is a wonderful person to deal with and his passion clearly shows when you deal with him.

... and just finally a quick shout out to lachyzee and lennier who I got to meet on Monday ... both nice enough to make me think we should try and organise another Melbourne meet up in the coming weeks to have a few beers somewhere.

7. fxh

fxh Senior member

First up - remove your name and contact details from Russian Brides Online.

http://onlinerussianbrides.com/

At Online Russian Brides we take our job very seriously. We are here to provide our clients, both male and female, a safe and secure environment to communicate with each other in order to initiate that very special relationship. We use the latest technology to make communication as "live" as possible, including providing a venue to communicate via email, Chat, Chat Date and Live Video.

One of the main components of our efforts to provide the best service to our clients is our Anti-Scam Protection policy. However, before we begin to explain the details our Anti-Scam Protection policy covers, it is necessary to explain exactly what a “scammer” is. Firstly, the purpose of Online Russian Brides is to provide a place where our members can correspond with one another in hopes of developing a successful relationship. A scammer is any member, whether male of female, who intentionally uses our site for ulterior purposes. A scammer has no intention of engaging in a meaningful relationship with the other members on our site. In short, a scammer is a deceiver and only communicates with the other members to fulfill some other need. Unfortunately this need is usually some type of personal and/or financial gain.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  8. jobro

jobro Senior member

Was that supposed to be funny fxh?

It's hard enough to skip over the things that are nearly unrelated to being Australian (which have whole threads dedicated to the topic) in the 'Australian Members' thread without lame snark popping up all the time.

9. Hot dogz

Hot dogz Member

This post makes me ill, I dispise Paypal and have not accepted it for several years after a few rip offs selling clothing.
    Worst of all one was a country Victoria resident.
    I hope both pair of jeans where that tight they cut his knackers off [​IMG]

Now the iphone has left your hands little can be done.
    Put it down to a lesson learnt.
    No matter what I ship its via Fastway or registered post.
    Not even Express post is safe in the event of a lost satchel you will get SFA in compensation.
    And missing in action does happen however rare.

10. Plestor

Plestor Senior member

:puzzled:

I'd recheck Deer's prices.

11. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

As per discussions over the past few days - I bought some Cheaney's a few weeks ago - great quality and fast shipping - been emailing Steve at Herring Shoes with lots of questions too who replies over night. All good to me.

Just kicking myself I didn't have the code for the shoe trees when I ordered!

I'm actually thinking about the same shoes as you're going to buy so I will use the code this time!

12. ar3nbe

ar3nbe Member

My Lands End order also arrived today, and I ordered some shorts as well.

I tend to agree with your comments on the chino shorts. Not the best stuff but for $10 you really cant go wrong when comparing to Aussie prices. I also ordered a pair of Wool trousers which I love and some T shirts.

For anyone looking for some decent quality, fairly cheap summer wool trousers try Lands End. The material is on the thin side (perfect for summer), but the drape and quality are decent for the price. As for t-shirts, ill probably give them a miss once you factor in shipping.

13. hotmustardsauce

hotmustardsauce Active Member

endless has a sale right now. Use code "NOVEVENT" for 20% off storewide for orders over $100

Perfect opportunity to pick up a pair of allen edmonds or some shoe trees

14. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Similarly to ruzzi, I posted this in the Modern Tailor thread, but they have a sale on at the moment and I want to take advantage of it but would like a quick critique of my first trial shirt first if any of you guys could help.

I'm thinking about maybe an extra 1cm in the cuff, the chest and across the shoulders. But what do I do about sleeve length if I increase the shoulders? 1cm shorter on each arm? Also - If I add to the chest but not the back will I have issues? Or do I not need alterations there at all...

Photos as follows:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Appreciating all the advice I can get as always!

15. ar3nbe

ar3nbe Member

Going to throw this one out to the Aussies even though it has been touched on before.

Cheaney vs Allen Edmonds for the price, which do we think is higher quality ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.