• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, and I have no special inside info, the Bill Cunnigham film has only just been released here and isn't on DVD yet and the omast film isn't yet finished.

the Bill Cunningham doco was on about 6 months ago during the film festival, i was soo dark i missed it. I'd organised to go with the GF and it never happened, apparently its out at como next week.

I just thought you might be able to buy it by now online.

Am I not typing loudly enough or something? I have alrady posted, twice, that you can buy it online, from many sources.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own a copy of Le Snob Guide to Tailoring? If so would you recommend it.

Jeans was thinking of buying a pair but haven't had a pair for a couple of years last time I bought some were Levis 508, I think prior to that the Levi 555 or 505 fitted well but are no longer made.

So are far as recommendations for bands go Lee, god I even saw a pair of AMCO in a store a week back. Wrangler? Like something in a full cut any suggestions? Not sure about size normally a 38, well in Bills chinos anyway, and at my stage in life the hipster look is out.

Any recommendations? And remember I am in Canberra which is somewhat limited for sartorial choice. But Sydney is only a couple of hours away.

Last edited:

MickyD

Reaction score
I've got a copy of it, NFI how much it was (partner bought it for me when she was stuck at the airport), I've only had a relatively quick skim through, but I learnt a few new things, so I'd say it's worth it.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone own a copy of Le Snob Guide to Tailoring? If so would you recommend it.
Jeans was thinking of buying a pair but haven't had a pair for a couple of years last time I bought some were Levis 508, I think prior to that the Levi 555 or 505 fitted well but are no longer made.
So are far as recommendations for bands go Lee, god I even saw a pair of AMCO in a store a week back. Wrangler? Like something in a full cut any suggestions? Not sure about size normally a 38, well in Bills chinos anyway, and at my stage in life the hipster look is out.
Any recommendations? And remember I am in Canberra which is somewhat limited for sartorial choice. But Sydney is only a couple of hours away.

They don't make 505s anymore??

Hot dogz

Reaction score
Slightly unrelated note but saw a bloke in Martin Place the other day wearing a pair of those Louis Vuitton lace ups with the flower broguing on the cap.... don't normally look at blokes' shoes but he was on the escalator in front of me.
As for those shoes - they looked like they were falling apart on the poor sod. Definitely not worth $900 odd IMO...

Yes but a lot of guys do not look after their shoes, its so true many females check out a guys shoes and make value judgements about him from the state of his shoes. I know one woman that I discussed this with years ago who was on my interview panel for an overseas role. It was a group interview and she was totally checking out the guys shoes.
Months later when I got the job she was telling a group of us she always did this when meeting men
smile.gif

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been so long since I was looking for jeans and with Levis the cuts have all changed to a very slim cut.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been so long since I was looking for jeans and with Levis the cuts have all changed to a very slim cut.

Try APC's "Rescue" cut. I now that in Melbourne and Sydney, INCU stocks the New Standard cut, which fits one size slimmer than the Rescue. APC jeans are notorious for stretching a lot and are vanity-sized so it may make you feel good when you buy a 36 instead of a 38. There are lots of places to get them online, but try Context Clothing - they have measurements up on their site, too.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price DROP on BNWT Herringbone Grey Suit in Osaka Cut.

Now $500 AUD

Check it out here.

jobro

Reaction score

AUTHENTIC Burberry mens nylon packable trench coats colour is called Navy/Black Euro sizes 48 and 50
NEW with original store tags attached. RRP $AUD1175 selling for $AUD420 plus $AUD10 shipping Australia wide or $AUD25 shipping to the USA includes insurance.
Payment via bank transfer or Visa/Mastercard.
Hem sits just above the knee on most guys, 48 length 101cm, 50 length 103cm.
Designed to go over a suit, keeps clothing dry and protects from the wind.

[COLOR=FF0000]Other designer items including swimwear, underwear and premium coloured contact lenses available.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF0000]Clothing at or below cost price.[/COLOR]

http://www.quicksales.com.au/buy/auctions.aspx?type5=hot-dogz

Not really appropriate to post such ads in this thread. I can understand a mention or link to, for example, a suit someones purchased in the wrong size but a commercial post like that doesn't belong in here.

Last edited:

__PG__

Reaction score
I've never seen a pair of Bally Scribes in Australia..in fact all the shoes I've seen in Melbourne have had rubber soles.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never seen a pair of Bally Scribes in Australia..in fact all the shoes I've seen in Melbourne have had rubber soles.

no Bally store in collins st Melb?- anyways, there's american Tailor in Bourke St for crockett and jones

Doctor

Reaction score
What would you guys say about wearing these pants to a "business casual" lunch event at a major law firm? (With a conservative business shirt and Alden Color 8 wingtips). They are essentially black with a faint burgundy windowpane check.

Walt%20Windbowpane%20lo.jpg

4273921987_2fbcd7ec55_m.jpg

I am fairly bold in my dress and get away with some things others wouldn't.... But this is making me hesitate for some reason.

Last edited:

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What would you guys say about wearing these pants to a "business casual" lunch event at a major law firm? (With a conservative business shirt and Alden Color 8 wingtips). They are essentially black with a faint burgundy windowpane check.

I am fairly bold in my dress and get away with some things others wouldn't.... But this is making me hesitate for some reason.

100% Fine

Hot dogz

Reaction score
Very smart, go for it. Be great if you could find a tie with the same Burgandy and blue in it. or at least one of the two.
But personally I would avoid anymore plaid in the tie or shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads