Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

I've found eBay to be a reputable place to buy fragrances. Before anyone slags me out for saying that, consider the fact that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Buy from sellers who have high positive feedback and you should be fine. I'm buying from sellers who run legitimate online businesses through eBay and without having a store front, pass saving on to the customer.

As for which scents to buy, that's a different matter entirely. I'm fond of Tom Ford's private blends, particularly Japon Noir, Noir de Noir and Tobacco Vanille. They're all scents more suited to evening wear, as is Dior Homme. For daytime wear, in warmer weather I like Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme, but am still searching for something I like more. Creed make good fragrances, but they're difficult to find at a discount and my Uni student budget doesn't extend that far..

I recently came across one of Ben Gorham's scents from BYREDO called 'Sunday Cologne' (was originally called 'Fantastic Man' after the magazine) and I really like it. It's shit expensive and Terre D'Hermes smells similar so I bought that instead..

2. fxh

fxh Senior member

brownie - hotcosmetics online is based in Sydney and saves all the buggerising around with usa based ebay shipping etc.

They also throw in a fair few nice small samples of other stuff as a freebie in the package.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

3. lychee

lychee Well-Known Member

ozsale.com.au is having a rhodes and beckett sale for those interested.

4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

I tend not to use scent on a daily basis; I think it can be a bit intrusive for my fellow cattle in the corrals.

Instead I use a Geo. F Trumper sandalwood moisturiser/after shave balm, which I find a lot more subtle, and feels great.

When I do wear scent, I use Armani Code.

I usually avoid department stores and buy most of my toletries from mensbiz.com.au

5. budgiesmuggler

budgiesmuggler Well-Known Member

A couple of you were talking about Jogia diamonds for engagement rings. How did you find them? Did they make the setting too? If so, how did it turn out?

6. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

7. tone76

tone76 Senior member

How does Hot Cosmetics compare to, say, StrawberryNET? StrawberryNET is my wife's usual go to for her fragrance and cosmetic needs; good prices, quick delivery and 100% legit products. They seem to have a decent selection of men's fragrances as well.

8. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

Ditto. I can wholehartedly endorse mensbiz.com.au. I get all my bathroomy stuff there - merkur razors, feather blades, taylors shaving cream and jack black cologne. Always had good service - and on the one time when there was a mix up with an order, they were really very gracious about fixing it up and they threw in a tub of shaving cream to make up for the hassle.

I think if you are in Melbourne you can drop buy in person - which would be handy if you are buying a scented product.

9. blahman

blahman Senior member

After having lost 2 umbrellas in the last 2 weeks, I've pretty much ran out of umbrellas. Looking for a high quality umbrella. Do you think these might do the trick:
    http://www.unfinishedman.com/live-and-let-dry-the-unbreakable-umbrella/.

Also, as an aside, when are those damn diamond tipped shaving razors going to be released commercially? Not that hard to make. I reckon Schick and Gillette are up to something to prevent it being sold.

10. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

Great now I've realised I don't smell good or shave correctly, thanks guys.

Interesting aside, the guy that served me at Country Road today was wearing a knit tie and C&J Lowndes. Impressive!

11. blahman

blahman Senior member

Did you ask him why is he not wearing country road products?

12. Jimbosaurus

I think his jacket was CR, and maybe the jeans as well.

13. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

Asian guy with glasses, brown jacket and pocket square spotted on Bourke St today ...

14. Jimbosaurus

Sounds like the guy that served me at Country Road...

15. JSSM

JSSM Well-Known Member

Nivea aftershave balm and roll-on is very suble. Strong scents can be very hit or miss. Better to have a good natural smell than one that offends every second woman you pass.

Looking for leather jackets in Sydney - does anyone have any recommendations?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.