Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RemyMichel

RemyMichel Senior member

Hahhaha I'm a retail leasing agent and i worked at Calibre. I couldn't agree more!!!!

btw cost of production for calibre clothes:

Ties: $8.90 retail $129
    Suits: $250 Retail $1000
    Shoes: $48 Retail $250
    Jackets: $110 retail $749

I couldn't believe it !!!! You think with the 50 mill turnover a year Gary (owner) produces, they could put silk sadle's into their suit pants!!!! CHEAP and NASTY!!!!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

2. Dicko

Dicko Well-Known Member

Thanks for putting my mind at ease fxh! I'll wait it out.

3. sonthach54

sonthach54 Active Member

Sydney members; can anyone recommend a good place for quality leather watchbands. I have a Longines traditional three-part metal clasp at the back of a ;rather band, but unfortunately, it just doesn't work for me, and I need to replace it. TIA. I'm new in Sydney from Melbourne, so don't know who's who here. TIA.

4. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

Personally I would purchase a replacement strap online - if you would like a few suggestions you are welcome to PM me. Alternatively, contact Swatch (who own Longines).

5. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

6. apropos

apropos Senior member

I have made up a pair of trousers in that fabric, it's swell, but be warned it's a very dark grey.

7. "6"

"6" Senior member

Great site. Thanks

8. Prof. B. Bear

Prof. B. Bear Senior member

9. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Gents, Last week I have picked-up 2 pairs of Roger David pants for work at their outlet store. They were 50% off rrp then buy 2 pairs get further 50% on the 2nd pair!. 2 pairs cost me about $110. I did buy few pants from them before and after year and half wear still looks pretty good (probably washed more than 30 times). Most of their fabric are 50-75% wool plus polyester.Most of their pants are half lined. The stitching are good and fabric has that thick premium feel. Due to the polyester the pants holds well even after washing easy to iron. Anyway if anyone going to outlet store worth checking them out.

10. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Sorry to resurrect.

Beggar Man Thief also has an outlet shop in the South Melbourne market, called The Canny Man. They have quite a few Loake 1880s right now for $250. I picked myself up a pair of tan Kempton chukkas today, at a price cheaper than online from AFPOS. Nice.

11. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Gents

I went down to this sale this morning, and it proved well worth my while. Refer here.

If you have time on Sunday, it could be worth a look, especially for larger guys. They had some nice size 44 suits and coats, including Agnes B and Zegna and a few shirts from the likes of PRL,Tyrwhitt and Lewin.

I had a chat and they are very nice people. They really need some volunteer help - they only have one guy handling all of their male clients. Apart from donations, they need guys with retail experience who can help with fittings, guys who can coach on interview technique, helping hands in the warehouse, etc. I made a big clothing donation, but will try to do more. Can any of you Melbourne chaps help out?

12. hotmustardsauce

hotmustardsauce Active Member

Guys, Herring shoes has a sale on Loake Hiltons for £100.00 excluding VAT

13. jobro

jobro Senior member

Roger David has some of the cheapest made menswear I have seen. Awful stuff.

14. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

don't know if it was the same ones (seems likely) but I just picked up a pair of Bally trees in the Vintage clothing store down there for $28. Size Large. Mrs also picked up a nice pair of patent leather Ferragamo heels for $65 which she's rapt with.

15. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Do any of your faithful Herringbone shoppers know the frequency of their Crockett & Jones shoes being put on sale?

I wouldn't think it happens too often...but MAYBE at Christmas?

I've asked the store staff at the Warehouse and a few stores around Sydney with not much avail - they want to sell to you right away, understandably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.