Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Yes. Some of them are very odd.

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Were they Mabitex, by any chance?? :fu:

Just hope that it happened at home rather than in the middle of the street while you bent over to tie your shoe!

3. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Hi all, I'm heading to Rad-Elaide on Friday, will be in the CBD - any decent places I should visit... I dunno if Adelaide is any better than home town Canberra but just thought I'd ask.

I know it's no Melbourne :)

4. fxh

fxh Senior member

To big for your pants?

5. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Yes. Whole racks of them. Canali and Antichi Telai amongst others.

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Welcome to Styleforum - it's good to see another Brisbanite here, as there aren't that many of us! By the way, some of us are having a get-together next Friday evening (just over a week away) - have a look at this thread for details. It would be great to see you there, if you can make it. With regard to MTM stores in Brisbane, there aren't too many of them. Personally, the Cloakroom are a bit too fashion-forward for my tastes as the shrunken look with very narrow lapels prevails there. A fellow Styleforum member with the username neyus has started an MTM business for suits, shirts and shoes in Brisbane and you could get in touch with him to discuss options. Anyway, if you can make it along next Friday evening (or to another get-together at another time), it would be great to chat about various MTM options around the place.
    Fellow Styleforum member fxh was just there a few weeks back - have a look back in this thread around pages 480 to 485 or so as I think that there were some suggestions given to fxh and then he posted some feedback about his trip.

7. 3ff3z8e

3ff3z8e Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Just needed some advice here. I've ordered some suiting fabric from england from ebay a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting for 2 packages which were posted on the 12/09/11 using Royal Mail International signed for from england. I've been checking my PO BOX regularly but am still waiting. For the collection card to be posted.

Does anyone know if it takes this long for packets to arrive as I had a previous package that was delivered within 2 weeks. Should I be worrying right now?? and is there any advice on how to go about investigating where the packages may be? I'm just worried if they may have been pilfered...
    :mad:

I do have the tracking no.s but the Australia Post system does not track royal mail deliveries unfortunately...

Thanks guys...

8. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

I"ve found stuff sent my Royal Mail signed for seems to take 2-3 weeks fairly consistently.

9. fxh

fxh Senior member

I have some notes re my flaneuring around but haven't got around to writing up. I'll try to get something up by tomorra night. Jimmy can you say a bit more about what you want to do in Adelaide ? I'm not a young cool dude like blahman. Having said that, unlike blahman, I'm a lifelong hepcat and manage to buy myself pants that don't split when I walk or sit down.

10. blahman

blahman Senior member

I did it at work actually. Didn't notice at all until I looked down and there was a split in my crotch. Must have been too big for my pants indeed. :laugh:

11. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

12. tone76

tone76 Senior member

I found (and left) a beaten up Hugo Boss suit in an op shop that was made in Australia, so they definitely had suits made here at one time. Whether Flair or someone else made them, I don't know. All I know is that it would have been at least 15 years old and looked like crap.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

13. tone76

tone76 Senior member

For clothing (well, shoes really) there's not much other than RM Williams' original shop at Prospect and their factory outlet at Salisbury. If you're intending to buy, go to Salisbury. Otherwise, just do the touristy thing and go to Prospect. Ask fxh about his recent Adelaide adventure.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

14. meister

meister Senior member

PJ Proby did in the 60s and became famous.

15. meister

meister Senior member

They had great suits made in Melbourne I was told and closed it down. Maybe they were Flair but I think it must have been upspecced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.