• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sadly, we used to have one here, but no more; same mob that made Flair suits.

I don't think Flair ever made Boss suits. It was just that they are the ones who introduced/imported Boss into Australia.
Boss is still the ones importing Boss. Same with Ted Baker.

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
Email from Azzaro just now
New Arrivals :
Versace Collection and Antichi Telai for $700
Cantarelli for $800

Also jeans?

I've been thinking it might be worth another visit out that way.

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
Those were recommended to me by Bodileys when I inquired as to whether they had stock of the Lowndes a month or so back. All I was told is that they were "made using the finest materials by highly skilled craftsmen in Northampton, England".

__PG__

Reaction score

Email from Azzaro just now
New Arrivals :
Versace Collection and Antichi Telai for $700
Cantarelli for $800

Also jeans?

I've been thinking it might be worth another visit out that way.

I saw them the last time I was down there..they are 'Azzaro' branded jeans..I wonder where they are made.

I can't wait to see the Antichi Telai suits. For $700 that is mind boggling.

__PG__

Reaction score

I don't think Flair ever made Boss suits. It was just that they are the ones who introduced/imported Boss into Australia.
Boss is still the ones importing Boss. Same with Ted Baker.

No, I'm fairly sure Boss suits used to made under license in Preston by the Flair group. That Preston site used to be a genuine 'factory outlet' as opposed to a sample shop. I went there in 1992 to buy a Boss shirt for my high school formal and it was a very different setup to what exists today.

__PG__

Reaction score
BTW last time I was at Azzaro it was chock full of newly arrived sportsjackets. Mainly EU 50 and 52 (sorry blahman). Lots of Cantarelli (including a red wool/linen mix with dark blue windowpane) and a few Canali Kei in winter fabrics.

To get the best out of Azzaro you really need to drop in every few weeks or so. They have new stock coming and going all the time.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Brand Smart Outlet at Whitehorse Road Nunawading has a RM Williams outlet stall (not really a store) not a huge range of stuff but it has a reasonable amount of boots, including Craftsman, for $275 or so. I wouldn't expect a lot of advice or knowledge from the staff. They didn't seem to be seconds on a quick squiz but they might be.

Thomas Cook at the same place has a range of RM knockoff boots - made in China. Some have leather soles and look goodyear stitched for $125. Surprisingly they are made from a whole unseamed - except at heel - upper. Didn't look too bad and certainly would be more than OK for knocking around - I'd doubt that even your average iGentt would notice without getting down on their hands and knees and peering up closely. And even then I think you could subtly twist your foot at the right time and blur their view or kick them on the nose or in the big black Buddy Holly rimmed hipster glasses and they'd never be sure you hadn't paid 3 times as much.

imnotashark

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just landed a new job (first time out of the public sector) and am looking to order some MTM suits. I had one made by P Johnson earlier this year and loved it - problem is though that I live in Brisbane. Can you recommend me any MTM stores in Brisbane that are of the same mould as P Johnson? The thing that really turned me on P Johnson was his approach to suiting (details such as natural shoulders, full canvasing and just a youthful but classic vibe to everything). I know of the The Cloakroom and would love to hear any opinions about this and other such stores from the Brisbane area.

Thanks in advance.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I've just split my pants. I just want to share that. I have no shame. Time to buy some new pants.

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, I've just split my pants. I just want to share that. I have no shame. Time to buy some new pants.

We need a 'Like!' button for things like this. Do I get in trouble for saying things like that 'round here? Yes I use Facebook...

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW last time I was at Azzaro it was chock full of newly arrived sportsjackets. Mainly EU 50 and 52 (sorry blahman). Lots of Cantarelli (including a red wool/linen mix with dark blue windowpane) and a few Canali Kei in winter fabrics.

To get the best out of Azzaro you really need to drop in every few weeks or so. They have new stock coming and going all the time.

Which Azzaro? Azzaro Melbourne or Azzaro Paris? But then again I don't think it to be Azzaro Paris as Azzaro Melbourne sells only Italian. Oh well. Does Azzaro sell odd trousers?

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads