Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Where did you find that statement from?

I'm glad that the Australian thread does seem to be troll-free compared to other threads on this forum...I hope I haven't jinxed us now.

2. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Re : Shoe repair in Melbourne. This place was also suggested by American Tailors.

http://www.evans.com.au/

Someone got a pair of benchgrade C&J's resoled there and was apparently happy with them.

3. blahman

blahman Senior member

They have a huge selection of shoe creams and waxes there. So if you have a pair of shoes in an uncommon colour you might have some luck there. Their price for Topy is quite a bit expensive though.

4. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Best be aware that the Morrice St address given on the site is a residence, and the "shop" is a garage down the end of the drive.

5. blahman

blahman Senior member

Hahaha the Rhodes and Beckett online store is royally stuffed up. Just checked my order status and it's marked as processing. Instead of $0 totally, though, it has me having ordered 2 pocket squares on full price with $15 shipping making it a $93 order. Didn't put down my credit card details though, so meh. Be funny if I get 2 squares shipped to me in the end. :laugh:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

6. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Spotten a beret and C&J Lowndes wearing man on Collins St five minutes ago with pocket square and navy double-breasted blazer...give us a shout out if that was you.

Tried on a Rhodes and Beckett suit at lunch, single breasted POW check with light purple windowpane. Nice fabric but the shoulders didn't quite work.

7. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

My account also has my order as having 2 pocket squares. Also mine says it's been shipped!

8. blahman

blahman Senior member

That's the exact same suit I was mulling over a few months ago when it was on sale for $399 the jacket was perfect but the pants were simply way too tight around the thigh.

9. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

Who's going to the Herringbone thing tonight?

10. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I've got the same - 2 squares. Except my order says "Posted" and has for a few days now...

11. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

My rhodes and beckett PS arrived!

Just the one though. It's a nice big square, pretty happy with it.

I'll be there Mickey D!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

12. lennier

lennier Senior member

Funny, I tried on one of the slim fits a couple of hours ago out of curiousity. As expected my usual problem with incompatible shoulder/chest ratio with OTR suits, particularly ones with very structured British shoulders.. Oh well, makes me feel better about my PJohnson approach :)

13. lennier

lennier Senior member

Interesting, their 'solution' in frantically stopping a few 'free' pocket squares going out appears to have been to increase the price of all of them from $39 to $49 (including the one already in my shopping cart that was previously $39) and up the shipping from $10 to $15. Not very cool and a pretty short sighted approach in my opinion. Anyway, a $14 pocket square is still decent value so I bought it anyway, but their attitude to this 'promotion' has probably had the opposite effect to what they desired with all the stuffing around.

14. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

I'm lucky, in that the R&B suits in a 48 slim are a perfect fit. If I wasn't waiting for my new MTM to arrive, I'd be all over the sale R&B are havnig at the moment.

15. blahman

blahman Senior member

Or perhaps, giving them benefit of the doubt, that by coincidence they are in the middle of pricing changes and their incompetent IT guy is screwing their website up (as evidenced by their entire stock disappearing completely for some period of time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.