Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fired

Fired New Member

Can anyone here direct me to an outlet or store in which i can purchase this attire or suit.
    Please, any help will be appreciated.
    Disregard the guy, focus on the suit please.

[​IMG]

2. tomee

tomee Senior member

3. truevision

truevision Senior member

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

4. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior member

That’s gold! So true. I walk past the courts on the way to work every morning, and you can pick those making a court room appearance a mile away by their typically microfiber getup…

5. blahman

blahman Senior member

With Oxford, who know? I'm going to check it out after lunch. If I can find a pair for that price in my size, it'll be instant purchase with my $25 giftcard throwdown.

6. tomee

tomee Senior member

is that Chestbrah from BB forums? lol

7. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

^^ what he said - I have the voucher in my pocket for exactly that reason.

It's not bad getting the $25 voucher every few months - though I've had some filthy looks when buying things with them, e.g. the time I bought two belts for $27 and paid $25 of it with the gift card :)

8. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Senior member

I went to Herringbone yesterday and met Christian. He was with another customer doing a MTO suit but he still made an effort to have a quick chat about ordering in some Lowndes in calf. He struck me as being quite passionate about menswear so I think he'll be great for Herringbone in Melbourne. He previously worked at a shoe store in London so next Fridays drinks sounds like they could be a bit of fun and quite a good source of information to boot.

9. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Christian Kimber runs the Style Sage blog (http://www.stylesage.co.uk/blog/his/) and is quite passionate about menswear, shoes in particular. I think he is quite keen to discuss men's style with anyone who is interested.

In email communication with him the other day he said he can go to about $500 for C&J's which matches American Tailors and some online retailers (but not all, which is probably infeasible with import taxes and rent). I happened to pop into American Tailors the other day. I spoke with one of the owners about the range of C&J's they carry. He was wearing a pair of Handgrade loafers which looked quite nice. They sell Benchgrade C&J's for $500 and Handgrade C&J's for $600. I think Herringbone my have a wider range and I am looking forward to seeing it next Friday (as well as getting some shoe shining tips).

Somewhere in my head there is a thought that I should get a new pair of shoes to match my P Johnson Tailors order (counting the weeks) but need to consider the bank balance too. Or an order of more shirts from P Johnson Tailors...

10. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

just went into Oxford on Little Collins St - no DB's on sale (in fact, pretty much nothing on sale - must have been the one day a year that Oxford isn't on sale)

I might try and get along to this Herringbone event too, sounds interesting (though I'm normally in casual on Fridays - might have to make an exception :D )

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

11. meister

meister Senior member

Interest check. I have a nice PoW 3 piece wool suit size 42/EUR52 Cerruti 1881. Beautiful flawless suit.

PM me if interested. Do you a good price

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

12. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Any size 38s out there looking for nice shoe trees? I saw a beautiful pair of antique wooden trees for $95 at the Armadale Antique Centre today. Would have snagged them myself if they'd been 45s.

13. ColonialBoy

ColonialBoy Well-Known Member

Yup. Zyzz goes to UNSW.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

14. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

Went to

15. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

Just watching 7 news in Sydney and the suit on the presenter looks very nice. No creasing, nice shoulders and spot on fit, well tied tie, spread collar, nice lapels. I'm impressed about the general improvement of dress on the news.

On the other hand can someone explain the latest Van Heusen ad with the floating man, and paint being throw around.. did my eyes deceive me or is that a triple vented black suit they are advertising?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.