• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wonder who would have the balls to put a pair of these on:

Not those - do not like the design. But a pair of pink Tods or Car Shoes - sent them my way. Got a pair in purple - bringing them out again with the good Melbourne weather.

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
I've been wearing a lightweight red bomber/harrington type jacket for the last couple of weeks on the nicer days we've had. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't see in black and white

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bhall41

Reaction score

I have just about stopped wearing black tops for that reason and that seeing black, black and more black doesn't exactly help lift the gloominess on a cloudy day. Aussie public need to learn to put some colour back into their day.
I'm wearing red merino v-neck over sky blue bengal stripe shirt right now.

:fonz:

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
So on the linen for summer note, where are the places to look for linen/cotton jackets this year? I like the look of the POW check jacket herringbone have at the moment. Where else should I look? Is this something Azzaro has?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Linen for summer, tweed for winter and black for very few occasions/things. Some leather goods, possibly formal wear (even then midnight blue is a great option), women in dresses. Black is overexposed and overrated. As I say before...

http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/7862380132/required-finish-black

Pink Socks - bringing colour to Melbourne.

Just bought some nice mudbath zin linen to have made up at the closing sale of the Wynyard Branch of Tessutti. Lovely colour of muddy brown with a red base/ tone that has got the Sartorialist in Milano look. Next trick is to have it made up. Might just send a favourite fitting DB suit to BKK and have it copied as is.

Last edited:

Oleg

Reaction score

lots of places over there sold rubber overshoes - I've NEVER seen them in Australia

G7Q49062%20Swims%20rubber%20overshoes.jpg

I've never seen anyone wear those in the UK. They're shoes, they get wet. The soles wear out a bit quicker if they don't dry out but that's about the size of it if they're looked after.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thought it was timely to drag up the original post from this thread; it's nearly 3 years since that first statement and nothing has changed. I have just spent 2 days in Melbourne at a conference for Australia's biggest retailer and I would say 80% of the guys who attended were wearing those disgusting long, curled-up-toed, canoe shoes. What is it with those things? I felt like I was at a national clown convention. If you look at the retail stores in Australia, that's mostly what you see on display, but really you don't have to buy them!

It's a "fashion statement" that I have never been able to get my head around; however for it to have lasted for over 3 years is truly astounding.

That's my rant for the day, and I feel much better now.

Walked theough the city yesterday and today and agree with the above entirely apart from the rest being a sea of driving mocs.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have just about stopped wearing black tops for that reason and that seeing black, black and more black doesn't exactly help lift the gloominess on a cloudy day. Aussie public need to learn to put some colour back into their day.
I'm wearing red merino v-neck over sky blue bengal stripe shirt right now.

Think thats bad the whole of the public service in Canberra wears black, and this was before the GFC, looks a greek grandmother convention. And I used to wear a fair bit of black but not anymore.

CHECKstar

Reaction score

Sort of in time for the little gathering I guess? Wares from a direct competitor?
Apparently Rhodes and Beckett are giving $50 e-vouchers for you to spend if you register an online account with them.
Their squares are $40 so they are pretty much free + shipping.

Or something...

Voucher worked a treat… just received confirmation of my pocket square order. Thanks for the tip B-man!

MickyD

Reaction score
that's only happened in the last hour or so. I had a look, went and got a coffee, and came back to order one and they were gone.....

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I recently purchased a fair few Herringbone and MJ Bale suits off a great fellow member.

I was once this size, but apparently no more. Unfortunately my tailor has said if I alter them enough to fit, its going to ruin the silhouette and cut. If there are any 38Rs interested, let me know

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads