Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

Re Pediwear, approx 1 week has been my experience as well for deliveries

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

2. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

[/quote]Rioting up the road, decimated economy and a poor summer. Not missing Oz at all:crazy:
    [/quote]
    Lol ... Obviously
    There was a programme on Foreign Correspondent this week re the riots in Ealing, where I lived. I still cant fully get my head around what occurred.

3. rickyforever

rickyforever Member

nothing has changed, so just try some else :)

4. Smudge

Smudge Senior member

My experience was about 2 weeks. I remember thinking it took much longer than Herrings. Nice shoes, mind.

5. tomee

tomee Senior member

thanks. i was hearing everyone receiving it in a week and thought mine was out of the ordinary so its good to see a 2 week one.
    the tracking number on royal mail's website doesn't provide me with any great detail

6. onestar

onestar Well-Known Member

Thanks Jimbosaurus
    I fully intend to do research of my correct size in all the Alden lasts while I am in the USA so that I can confidently order over the Internet in future. With regard to the Indys, I have pre-ordered a pair from Leather Soul in Waikiki which won't arrive until early next year. If the size I ordered (11) is wrong I can swap them for another size as long as they haven't already pre-sold them. I guess I'll have to wait until I get over there to try some on.

Cheers

7. Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Baptiste Member

Does anyone know a good place to get a bespoke suit made in Brisbane? I'm very small, so anything off the rack is out of the question. I'm looking to get something fairly good quality, though I am on a budget. Has anyone had experience with Precision Tailor in Ascot?

Also, does anyone know where I could get shoes custom made, or anywhere that makes nice-looking formal shoes in small sizes? I'm a size 5 in men's, which I find impossible to find in Australia (I just wear women's shoes or buy shoes from overseas).

If anyone knows of anything particularly suitable in Sydney or Melbourne, I am prepared to travel!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

8. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

I am not a customer, so I can't vouch for him personally, but forum-member Neyus has a custom clothing and footwear business in the Brisbane CBD operating under the name DeeR Style. They have a facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/Deerstyle

Good luck.

9. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

As I mentioned in a previous post, it's a classic case of supply and demand - with emphasis on the tight supply in the Sydney market. The 200m strip of Pitt St Mall is Sydney's only supply of Grade-A retail space. Basically because it is so small the space comes at a huge premium.... as far as non Grade-A retail space goes, Sydney's price is rising due to currency appreciation and other factors, but on the whole it is still far cheaper to set up a shop here than in those other cities.

10. Jean-Baptiste

Jean-Baptiste Member

I've bought a few suits from Indochino, but apart from that I am new to buying suits. I'm 5'3", 55kg and have a 34" chest so off-the-rack is pretty out of the question, at least in Australia. Can anybody give me an opinion on whether it might be better to have a suit custom made here in Australia (for around $1500 - $2000, from what I understand) or to just take a holiday to Japan, have a suit made to measure at somewhere like The Suit Company in Tokyo, and probably have some money left over?

It seems to me like the latter is the obvious choice, but perhaps I'm missing something? I'd appreciate any advice.

11. tomee

tomee Senior member

stupid question, but how to i apply this?
    [​IMG]

do i apply with a cloth and buff off with a cloth?

12. appolyon

appolyon Senior member

13. MickyD

MickyD Senior member

14. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Senior member

I know nothing of the suit company of Tokyo, but it seems a tad extreme to go all the way to Tokyo, just to have some suits made up. Of course, Tokyo's a nice place to visit, so if you were going anyway, maybe. However, I think you would be fine to buy off the rack in Tokyo, becasue Japanese men tend to have a naturally slighter build than the average Aussie bloke and their clothing sizes reflect this.

Hong Kong would also be an option, but really I think you can get made to measure here for less than $1,500 - if you search this thread there are all sorts of names tossed around.

Were you unhappy with your Indochino suits then?

15. tailoredstuff

tailoredstuff Well-Known Member

Just went to get a pair of shoe trees from McClouds in Melbourne CBD. The man who attended to me was incredibly helpful!

Asked how to polish my shoes, and he literally asked me to take my shoes off and starting polishing them and getting scuff marks off. He also showed me how do my laces up properly.

Lucky I didn't go Florishem. He also mentioned that I should get my shoe topy. They can do the top for $50. Is that a reasonable price? Where does everyone else get their shoes topied?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.