• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox81

Reaction score
just saw this on the guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/aug/31/london-walks-food-marble-arch

some good places of note if youre heading up to Trunk and the monocle shop. matches on marylebone high st is also worth a look downstairs and the button queen is on marylebone lane.

definitely get a sausage roll from ginger pig. providores does great breakfast and a great (rare for london) coffee, but no takeaway.

tone76

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about CarbonCopy Shirts at all? They claim they use the same manufacturers as T.M. Lewin, Charles Tyrwhitt, Gieves & Hawkes and other Jermyn St type shirt makers.

I got the heads up about these guys through an email from OurDeal (shirt + tie + cufflinks for $69 delivered). They also seem to have an ongoing offer of 3 shirts for $99.

Usually the menswear offerings on these coupon sites are pretty woeful, but this one seems OK. I like how the sleeves of their shirts appear to run a touch on the long side (their 16/41 shirts have 91cm sleeves), which is why I'm quite keen to see if any of you blokes have had any dealings with them.

Last edited:

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
I have a couple of degrees of separation to the Carbon Copy guys. I don't know much about them but the thing that frustrated me was the lack of info about the shirt fabrics. I submitted a question to them asking for details and suggesting that they increase the info on their website but it seems nothing has happened.

tone76

Reaction score

I have a couple of degrees of separation to the Carbon Copy guys. I don't know much about them but the thing that frustrated me was the lack of info about the shirt fabrics. I submitted a question to them asking for details and suggesting that they increase the info on their website but it seems nothing has happened.

The OurDeal link says '2-ply Egyptian Cotton' and CarbonCopy's site says '100% Egyptian Cotton', but that's it. I agree that details about things like thread count and where the fabric is milled would be useful. I might just have to bite the bullet (or convince my wife to bite the bullet on my behalf and call it a Father's Day present from the spawn) and take one for the team ...

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know anything about CarbonCopy Shirts at all? They claim they use the same manufacturers as T.M. Lewin, Charles Tyrwhitt, Gieves & Hawkes and other Jermyn St type shirt makers.

I got the heads up about these guys through an email from OurDeal (shirt + tie + cufflinks for $69 delivered). They also seem to have an ongoing offer of 3 shirts for $99.

Usually the menswear offerings on these coupon sites are pretty woeful, but this one seems OK. I like how the sleeves of their shirts appear to run a touch on the long side (their 16/41 shirts have 91cm sleeves), which is why I'm quite keen to see if any of you blokes have had any dealings with them.

I think it’s a marketing gimmicks.

tone76

Reaction score

I think it’s a marketing gimmicks.

I realise the coupon is, but I'm interested in the quality of the item on offer. Basically it's one of their regularly priced shirts with a pair of cufflinks and a tie thrown in. I'm not so interested in the cufflinks, although I am curious about the ties (100% silk and some of them don't look bad). If the shirt is the same calibre as TML or CT, but available everyday at 3 shirts for $99 delivered, then it's not a bad deal.

tomee

Reaction score
to those who have bought from pediwear, how long did it take to get shipped to you?

they sent confirmation of my shoes being sent last Monday

Selvaggio

Reaction score
So I have joined the Pasini $100 suit club courtesy of Azzaro. Its a great suit for the money, I have to say. There were not very many left - I wonder if he will get more in.

My one is a mid-grey with some interesting details. The front pieces have half lining in the suiting itself. No lining in the back. You can look in and see the (v light) canvasing. No shoulder padding at all - just a satin patch where they would be. Sleeves are satin lined. Working cuffs. Three roll two buttons. Very slim trousers. Slim sleeves. Lots pick stitching (probably a bit too much).

This is the first almost totally unstructured suit jacket I have owned. It is actually very light and easy to wear. It is much cleaner and more business-appropriate than I would have thought. Padded shoulders can make me look a bit blocky, so I would definately go this way again if the option is there.

It has a very hand made look. It's not expertly done, but I don't mind too much (especially at this price). There are some little inconsistencies here and there, if you look up close.

As has been said here before, the proprietor at Azzaro and his assistant were really very nice to deal with. They had a range of really nice Cantarelli suits a pretty good prices. Nice shoes. Also picked up a couple of shirts.

All in all, you Melbourne folk have a nice little source right there. We have Voi for discount Italo-stuff (inlcuding Cucinelli), but it is a full conservative business dress retail gig and the prices reflect this.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
I wonder if that is really currency related. That is the relative value has gone up 33% compared with rents in foreign currencies - but I doubt that the real increase for tenants has been that high.

3ff3z8e

Reaction score
Sydney folks, don't mind if I took the topic a little off tangent....

I've been passing by Sullivans Shoe repairs in wynyard for the past few days and noticed that there seems to be a new person manning the shop instead of Fred. Any idea what happened to him?

I've been recommended recently by the Australian Members thread to use Fred's services for topying and toe taps and he's a decent bloke to deal with, but am just curious to know if the new bloke in the store is a new owner or one of Fred's assistants?

Cheers peeps

onestar

Reaction score
When I hit the USA at the end of the year I am determined to update my wardrobe with a few pairs of decent shoes. Apart from R M Williams I reckon we are a bit of a footwear wasteland here in Sydney! I'm trying to order some Alden Indys but I am not so sure of sizing.

I asked this on the Alden Thread already. I was wondering if anyone who owns a pair of RM Williams in size 10G also has a pair of Alden Indys. If so, what size do you wear in the Indys?

Cheers

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
If you're travelling to the US at the end of the year then I'd just wait and buy them over there. The guys at the Alden shops I visited (NYC and SF) are pretty decent. Helpful, but not pushy and quite happy for you to try on heaps of different stuff. Personally I couldn't find a fit on the indy boot that I was happy with.

Maybe I misunderstood your comment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads