• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Highly paid Sydney? "role models" rugby players, dressed up on night out in the sophisticated nightspots. Overdressed ? Would a pair of Sperrys finish the look or perhaps madras shorts? Sydney Sprezz?

thongtrio2.jpg

Sadly like most of those from South of the border your unable to distinguish between cross country wrestlers and rugby union, which is a much more complex and involved game as opposed to bash and barge. Even my son commented on Todd Carney he of the white harry wongs '$400K contract in one hand , schooner of beer in the other, now what do you choose"

Snap - I have a pair in chestnut kangaroo - imo the kangaroo makes it bit too casual for a suit, but great with slacks or jeans.

I have Comfort Craftsman in the kangaroo did you go down a width in your size to compensate for the suppleness of the roo?

Last edited:

Selvaggio

Reaction score

I have Comfort Craftsman in the kangaroo did you go down a width in your size to compensate for the suppleness of the roo?

No - the opposite really - I have extrememly wide feet, so I am normally up one size on my true size anyway, and the roo has allowed me (just) to wear a standard width. Could never wear standard width in their calf leather - I have a craftsman and yearling in the wider H fit and a pair of the tambo - extra-hoofing-wide (v comfy).

But I really like the Simpson - nobody sees it, but the detail of the soft red leather lining really makes it for me.

Edit: thought I should mention for posterity, the only thing I don't like about the roo leather is that it darkens when conditioned. I called my Simpsons "chestnut", but I don't know what the colour was officially called (tobacco or tan bark?). Following a condition, they really darkend a lot. Still a nice colour - a kind of rich dark tan - but miles off what they were originally. So just a word of warning

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not keen on the top shoes either.

I wore these today:

Pretty nice, dude.

Oh yeah... just remembered. Was strolling through Voi on Castlereagh street in Syd a coupla weeks ago, and they had some Brunello Cucinelli shoes (suede brogues, derby style) on sale for between $200-400AUD. Not sure who makes them, but if I hadn't overspent this month :fu:, I might have snapped a pair or two up.

Just thought I'd give youse all the heads up. :)

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No - the opposite really - I have extrememly wide feet, so I am normally up one size on my true size anyway, and the roo has allowed me (just) to wear a standard width. Could never wear standard width in their calf leather - I have a craftsman and yearling in the wider H fit and a pair of the tambo - extra-hoofing-wide (v comfy).

But I really like the Simpson - nobody sees it, but the detail of the soft red leather lining really makes it for me.

Edit: thought I should mention for posterity, the only thing I don't like about the roo leather is that it darkens when conditioned. I called my Simpsons "chestnut", but I don't know what the colour was officially called (tobacco or tan bark?). Following a condition, they really darkend a lot. Still a nice colour - a kind of rich dark tan - but miles off what they were originally. So just a word of warning

Strange haven't had that happen I use either a RM Williams Leather Conditioner which is good and another RM's Own both produce good results, hasn't affected the depth of the boot colour at all.

__PG__

Reaction score
I'm going to post my squared-toed Windsor smith loafers...you know you want me to.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marino and Scott are a high-end menswear store in Toorak Rd, catering to the obscenely wealthy. They sell plenty of Brioni and Zegna there, but I'm not sure if they ever do much in the way of sales.

Sarti are based in the conservative business dress. They sell RTW and, I believe, MTM. Last time I looked, they were stocking brands like Lorenzini and Cantarelli. Don't know what they are carrying these days.

Texmo

Reaction score
Marino and Scott are a high-end menswear store in Toorak Rd, catering to the obscenely wealthy. They sell plenty of Brioni and Zegna there, but I'm not sure if they ever do much in the way of sales.

Sarti are based in the conservative business dress. They sell RTW and, I believe, MTM. Last time I looked, they were stocking brands like Lorenzini and Cantarelli. Don't know what they are carrying these days.
I am looking for a good tailor to get some suits made. can you reccomend any in melbourne?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup those are Bolzanos.

Sarti is apparently having a sale right now as that's what the blackboard out the front says. Didn't go in there. August no purchase still in progress.

__PG__

Reaction score
Did you get your latest email from Azzaro blahman?

Sarti used to stock Cantarelli, now they stock Sarti D'Italian and apparently Antichi Telai.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you get your latest email from Azzaro blahman?

Sarti used to stock Cantarelli, now they stock Sarti D'Italian and apparently Antichi Telai.

The one about the shoe and suit set?

I wouldn't get those shoes. Too matchy matchy.

Sarti has stocked both Sarti D'Italia and Canterelli for a while now. And also Bartalesi shoes. Seems as though they get all their wares from Azzaro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads