• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

quar

Reaction score
As much as I love Drake's. That purple / pink cashmere tie is terrible.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
Last edited:

ned kelly

Reaction score

I have received a mail out from Ascot Chang re their upcoming tour. They will be in in Sydney on August 8th & 9TH. SHERATON ON THE PARK PHONE 02 9286 6000 HOURS ARE 9AM TO 7PM They will be in Melbourne August 10th & 11TH. MELBOURNE MARRIOTT HOTEL PHONE0396623900 HOURS ARE 3PM TILL 7PM ON THE 10TH AND 9AM TILL 7PM ON THE 11TH.

I don't know anything about prices. There is a 3 shirt minimum order. Shirt fabrics are DJA ,Tomas Mason,Alumo, and Monti. Suitings are Loro Piana, Vitale Barberis, H & S, Zegna etc. They request you ring for an appointment.

beerbudget

Reaction score
Hi. all. Wanted to find other's experience of dry cleaners in Melbourne. Currently using Brown-Gouge mainly for convenience. Called into Bancroft's in Sth. Yarra today and spoke to Dave. Say's they use very little chemical and and a lot of personal care. The hassle is it's about a 45 min. trek for me. I would probably just take my top end suits, sportcoats, because of the time factor. Does anyone have experience with them and is it worth the extra time, cost etc. Also any other recommendation's? Believe there is a place in Richmond called "Top something" and a good one in Malvern. Also notice a place in Punt Rd. called Daisy's which said H2O chemical free Dry Cleaning.

So experiences with any of these please.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was given a trench coat yesterday, by a fried who is getting a bit long in the tooth, he bought in it Washington about twenty ago and its perfect for a Canberra winter does have zip in lining so its practical for autumn.

The question is, it only has one flap over the left breast and I am curious about this design feature. And ideas why this is the case?

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was given a trench coat yesterday, by a fried who is getting a bit long in the tooth, he bought in it Washington about twenty ago and its perfect for a Canberra winter does have zip in lining so its practical for autumn.

The question is, it only has one flap over the left breast and I am curious about this design feature. And ideas why this is the case?

Left breast?:puzzled:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads