1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Senior Member

We were there pretty much 4pm on the dot...

2. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior Member

Considering buying a Polo Ralph Lauren made in Italy suit from DJ's for $630... good deal?

3. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Distinguished Member

Post some 'ere. ;-)
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=229772&page=7

- noted! even an old digger like me can't use the search function with out fear of..
    ^^ What tie is that you are wearing Phat Guido?
    It looks like a Gallo
    - correct, about 5 years now..
    He needs to button down those button-down shirt collars. Or wear non-button-down collared shirts.
    - NVM comic boy
    PG, where is that shawl collar cardigan from? the one featured on 'you know where'?
    - no idea as the link was sent to me

4. blahman

blahman Distinguished Member

We were there pretty much 4pm on the dot...

Skipped work early have we [​IMG]
    I didn't turn up till well past 5:30 and yhe place was a mess.

5. PregnantBob

PregnantBob Senior Member

Considering buying a Polo Ralph Lauren made in Italy suit from DJ's for $630... good deal?

Yes, for them.

6. Smetana

Smetana Member

PG, where is that shawl collar cardigan from? the one featured on 'you know where'?

It's a Brooks Brothers. They're on sale at the moment but they only have large sizes left.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

7. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Distinguished Member

Good catching up with appolyon and California Dreamer today at the HB sale. I am fairly certain that I saw a couple of identified Australian members snooping about (including the guy I have seen around 500 Bourke from time-to-time).

I am still super pissed at the $199 navy blazers that fit perfectly with the exception of the short sleeves with FUNCTIONAL BUTTONS! [​IMG] Short sleeves are also the reason why I steer clear of HB shirts.

Good seeing you again too Checky. Mind you, the lack of a P.Johnson suit was noted.

I'm the same about those blazers. The sleeves only came halfway down my wrist, which was ridiculous.

I got out of there for < $150, which was OK. Picked up a shirt, some chinos and socks. I didn't think there were any spectacular bargains, other than SCs designed for kangaroos.

8. elvish

elvish Senior Member

9. __PG__

__PG__ Senior Member

American Tailors is on sale. Lots of C&amp;J handgrades for $395 (Rosemoor in Black, lots of Saville Monks and a black cap toe Oxford). Lots of Isaia and D'Avenza suits for $995 as well.

10. appolyon

appolyon Distinguished Member

^ How does one find out about the American Tailor sales? I've put myself on their mailing list, but never hear from them...

11. tone76

tone76 Senior Member

American Tailors is on sale. Lots of C&J handgrades for $395 (Rosemoor in Black, lots of Saville Monks and a black cap toe Oxford). Lots of Isaia and D'Avenza suits for $995 as well.

How long do their sales run for? I'll be in Melbourne for a flying visit at the end of the month, not sure if it's worth popping into American Tailors while I'm there.

12. blahman

blahman Distinguished Member

American Tailors is on sale. Lots of C&J handgrades for $395 (Rosemoor in Black, lots of Saville Monks and a black cap toe Oxford). Lots of Isaia and D'Avenza suits for $995 as well.

Win!!!!!!!! They're just above my price range at the moment! So I won't need to spend more money!
    Might jump on a pair of Crockett and Jones next sale.

13. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Distinguished Member

Any Lowndes? I wolud love to be able to try them on (think they might be too narrow) and get them at a decent price. Double monks are next on the shoe hitlist. Or am I asking too much?

Thank you to all who reported on the HB sale, think I will give it a miss.

14. __PG__

__PG__ Senior Member

^ How does one find out about the American Tailor sales? I've put myself on their mailing list, but never hear from them...
    Would it surprise you if I said that I've been stalking their store every Tuesday morning before work for the part month![​IMG] Sales last for a couple of weeks normally. Popped into the HB sale this morning, shirt prices were more expensive than the DJ mid-winter sale so I gave it a miss.

15. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Distinguished Member

No, born and bred in Sydney. I enjoy the casual Aussie culture, but i want more as far as fine arts goes.

I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.